LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Owen's Daddy:)
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
based on my mods - its no secret that my 04 is not heavily modded (see sig)
Brings me to my question.

My car is a DD and I put about 60 miles on it per work day.
Every time I change my oil I get a good soaked rag worth of oil from the AMW catch can.
Is this OK or normal? I have read some posts about catch cans before but none that addressed this particular issue.
It seems as if this amount of oil was going through the intake, my engine would be gunked up on a ridiculous level.
I use Royal Purple and an HP1007 K&N oil filter every 4-5K miles.
My 04 doesn't smoke or give me any issues. It runs very well and very strong or it seems.

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,958 Posts
I get about 2 oz worth in my Homemade catch can between changes. More if I drive harder than usually.

Note that the oil is very watery in comparision to what you put in, this is due to the condensation I guess.

I use my car as a daily driver and I use the K&N filter, but I use Mobil 1 0-40.

·
Registered
366 Posts
It's working right. I get about that much. Higher cylinder pressures from WOT
will yield more captured blowby. Beat on it and you get more in the catch can.

·
It's simple physics
3,733 Posts
Had my homemade on for awhile now and while the trap has become discolored and the filter has a brown oil tinge, not actual oil has accumulated in the trap.

After examining the intake, I don't think it's the can not doing its job, I think this motor, even with the S/C is not vaporizing alot of oil for whatever reason. Yay team.

LR

·
Incognito
1,433 Posts
I get a couple teaspoons out of mine every 500 miles or so, it depends on how hard you drive it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts