LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new here but have had my gto for about a month and just changed my oil. My question is where is the oil light? The owners manual makes reference to it (even saying to make sure it comes on with key on but engine not running), I can't find it.Tried to reset the oil monitering system but got no response from the dic.Can anyone help me ?Thanks

·
Registered
139 Posts
Maybe I need to reread my manual ,Iv'e only my changed oil once. I thought when resetting, the light only came on if it didn't reset, so you know you have to try again.If I'm wrong let the corrections begin.Hope you are enjoying your new goat

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are correct, the light won't come on unless you did not reset correctly.My question is refering to page 3-32in owners manual were it talks about verifying your oil light/symbol comes on when the ignition switch is on but car is not started

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
I think they mean the "Service Engine Soon" light, the orange engine outline. When I reset my oil monitor after my change, that orange SES light "blinked twice" when I turned the ignition to "on" and AFTER I did the "press accelerator two times slowly in five seconds" thing.

I'm not sure that's what was SUPPOSED to happen, but it looked like a fair indication to me. Ordinarily the SES light does NOT blink.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FLORIT said:
I think they mean the "Service Engine Soon" light, the orange engine outline. When I reset my oil monitor after my change, that orange SES light "blinked twice" when I turned the ignition to "on" and AFTER I did the "press accelerator two times slowly in five seconds" thing.

I'm not sure that's what was SUPPOSED to happen, but it looked like a fair
indication to me. Ordinarily the SES light does NOT blink.

Thanks for the explaination ,I thought that the reset procedure would result in some type of response from the dic. I'm still lost on finding an oil light that would come on from low oil pressure.I'm not going to drain the oil and run the car to see if one lights up though...bad idea, I just don't want to hurt my little goat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts