LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 04 M6 Goat for almost a month but haven't had the chance to drive it much. Currently has 185 miles.

I've noticed a few spots on the garage floor but they have already been absorbed into the concrete and it's difficult to determine if it's oil or possibly brake fluid from the hydrolic clutch. Seems to originate from back of oil pan or front of tranny. I'm not at all familiar with a hydrolic clutch but I'm assuming if it was leaking, it wouldn't take long to deplete the fluid or it would really be pushed out when depressing the clutch.

Anybody have a similar situation and what was the source of the leak.

Thanks,

slick50

·
Registered
244 Posts
If you are not sure exactly where the leak is originating, may I suggest you place a drip tray or stout piece of cardboard under the area and see what fluid is leaking.

Mike

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
My fiance had a slow leak in a tire on her sunfire for like 3 years. She finally took it in and had a huge wood screw in the tire.
Dan

·
Gone but not forgotten
378 Posts
Leaks

55Chevy said:
The only leak my GTO has is a real slow leak in the right front tire.. :(
I think my gas tank has a leak.

Actually, it could be my number 12 stuck in the carb. :bubbrub

Diggs

P.S. I know they don't use a carb, but it sounds pretty gay to say my number 12 is stuck in the fuel rail. :wall:

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Suggestion

Diggs said:
I think my gas tank has a leak.

Actually, it could be my number 12 stuck in the carb. :bubbrub

Diggs

P.S. I know they don't use a carb, but it sounds pretty gay to say my number 12 is stuck in the fuel rail. :wall:
How about in the Pintles?... :D

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
nikivee said:
That's not good. If it's leaking I would take it to the dealer and have them find the leaks and fix them. With new cars I don't screw around with them under warranty.
No, but putting a tray or pan underneath it will help isolate the problem in order to help the service department correctly fix something instead of giving them your car for 8 hours, only to get it back later that day with them telling you they couldn't find anything leaking.

From there (the leaking fluid), you need to explain what color, smell and texture the fluid has.

·
Registered
417 Posts
if it evaporates that quickly and from the location of the drip, it sounds like it could just be water from the a/c condenser

·
Registered
115 Posts
kjac081 said:
if it evaporates that quickly and from the location of the drip, it sounds like it could just be water from the a/c condenser

I agree. Thats where my A/C drips water. Its a little bit different location than most cars.

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
Dang - I read your comment and saw the smiley and figured that was tails posting - ya fooled me tiggerfan!
Dan

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
DANSLS1 said:
Dang - I read your comment and saw the smiley and figured that was tails posting - ya fooled me tiggerfan!
Dan
You have to remember that Tails knows very little about cars and doesn't have anything useful to say!!
:drink: :drink:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts