LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I’ve see a couple threads about where to tap in and put an oil pressure sending unit. But I’ve also seen a couple articles elsewhere, along with the GM GTO service manual, indicate there is already a pre-tapped oil pressure sending unit spot on top of the LS2 on the left (driver) side. Has anyone ever located this or actually used it? I haven’t pulled my covers off yet to look for it. I’m just trying to save the hassle of drilling and tapping if a spot is pre-existing as shown in the manual.

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
they already have a pressure sensor there if its where i think youre talking (its really on the valley cover)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes
they already have a pressure sensor there if its where i think youre talking (its really on the valley cover)
Yes that’s the one. Do you know if it’s usable? Meaning can I use it to wire in a gauge or swap in a different sending unit for a gauge? Sorry for the dummy question but the ‘05 I had years ago I just plugged in the JHP pod. This time around going with a regular pressure gauge.

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Yes

Yes that’s the one. Do you know if it’s usable? Meaning can I use it to wire in a gauge or swap in a different sending unit for a gauge? Sorry for the dummy question but the ‘05 I had years ago I just plugged in the JHP pod. This time around going with a regular pressure gauge.
if you unplug it youll have the oil light on. dont think you can wire it to anything (maybe if the gauge was calibrated to the sensor like the jhp would be)

id suggest just getting the sandwich plate

·
Administrator
20,805 Posts
Dont ruin the stock sending unit, just get some sort of scan gauge tool to display the PID's

·
Registered
816 Posts
I put my sender in the ofac. Easier to get to and more accurate. And have another point of reference for when the stock one fails.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts