LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Predator, installed the performance tune, raised shift pressure 10%, quickened the shift 10%, and thats all. I'm not a tuning wizard, and while I do have a pretty good idea of what does what, I'm a little hesitant to go messing around with fuel and timing curves, etc until I know a lot more about what I'm doing. What I'm basically asking is could one of you Predator experts post your settings for us to try without fear of messing something up? Mine is stock except for the Predator. I did a search and didn't find a settings thread, just comments on individual settings. I would try them but I'm not sure if they'ed conflict with other settings or lack of certain mods.

·
Registered
103 Posts
When I installed my Predator tune I went to performance tune and the Predator took care of the rest. In other words I let the performance tune set up all of the peramators and I'm very happy with it.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Have you driven the car since you raised these by 10%? I changed mine by raising it 4% and driving around the block just to see if there was any difference. WAY too much. I can't even imagine bumping it to 10%! Would seem almost undriveable to me.

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Defaults

HRJ said:
I bought a Predator, installed the performance tune, raised shift pressure 10%, quickened the shift 10%, and thats all. I'm not a tuning wizard, and while I do have a pretty good idea of what does what, I'm a little hesitant to go messing around with fuel and timing curves, etc until I know a lot more about what I'm doing. What I'm basically asking is could one of you Predator experts post your settings for us to try without fear of messing something up? Mine is stock except for the Predator. I did a search and didn't find a settings thread, just comments on individual settings. I would try them but I'm not sure if they'ed conflict with other settings or lack of certain mods.
Put it back to the Predator defaults and learn it before jacking anything, IMHO. The default tune does a lot as it is. :)

·
Registered
13,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So that's it? No help? You gotta be kidding......

·
Registered
13,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh yeah, Jodi, 10% kicks pretty hard, but that's where my wife wanted it. It rips off MEAN 1-2 and 2-3 shifts now!

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
I would say that getting rubber at WOT for all the shifts with the standard Predator tune is pretty mean, myself. Further, getting rubber at WOT doing 85MPH on the highway, that's pretty mean (finally had that experience).

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I wouldn't mess with any of the timing or fuel settings unless your on a dyno. anything you do isn't likely to be noticable by driving.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts