LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
5,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most know my first time out at the track,I fried my clutch and ran an 18.666 .The rest of the night was 13s at 107-108..

Now my second time at the track with a new clutch,I ran a 12.9 a 12.7 and a 12.9..my 12.7 i had a 1.9 60' so im happy with that ,being a 6 speed and only my second time out..
Now where i need some info is both times to the track be it the 13s or the 12s,my traps were the same at 107-109...why is this..?

why am i trapping the same with 12s and a 60' of 1.9 as i ws with 13.5 and 2.4 60's..

of course you need to know what mods so here they are
maggie
jba shortys
magnaflow catback
cold air inductions intake
formato tune
ram clutch
gmm race
making 430/440 to the wheels.

my car feels like im its gonna fall apart im running it so hard..there is a video in the multimedia section of my runs if that helps any...its in the labor day drags thread im the last car in the vid..please shed some light im confused as to why this is...thanks

·
Born Again Goat
1,555 Posts
Bobby, put the beer down and quit shifting with your left hand...you'll be more consistent! Seriously now, more info on how you drove and what the temps were like on the two different days would help as well.

Weather/Conditions:
1. What were temps and humidity at SRW when you raced there versus temps at Infineon? Major differences can be measured in this one alone.
2. How well was the track prepped at the two different tracks? You will be able to see some differences here in your 330' times/speed.
3. What fuel were you running (brand, octane)? This one is difficult to determine without back to back comparisons, but mine runs noticably worse on Shell versus Chevron/76.

Driving:
1. Did you change your launch rpm? Were you consistent? Changing your launch rpm will change your traction and under 330' times/mph a bunch.
2. At what rpm did you shift? Were you consistent? Short shifting or runing it out can make a difference depending on your power range.
3. How much traction did you have? Again, we should be able to see this in the 330' times/mph.
4. How was your 60' times? The difference between a 2.2 and a 2.0 60' equates to a 12.9 and 12.7 ET.

I'm curious to learn how a one second difference in ET can maintain the same trap mph as well.

·
Semper Fi
4,857 Posts
GoatChs said:
4. How were your reaction and 60' times? The difference between a 2.2 and a 2.0 RT/60' equates to a 12.9 and 12.7 ET.

not trying to be picky, but just so you know... Your reaction time has absolutely no effect on your ET at all, whatsoever.

You can sit at the light for 30 seconds, and still click of a 12 second pass.

as soon as you leave the line, your time begins.

bobby. did i misread something or did you say you're trapping 107-109???????

·
Banned
5,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no LMAO im running the shit out of my car...im shifting hard and fast and at about 6600rpm -6750..watch my vid ...i have always had this problem even on the street...as soon as i get up high end my car falls flat on its face..

·
Semper Fi
4,857 Posts
hey this was my 2nd time out and i cut a 1.9 60 i was happy....but now reallly look at the times and mph [email protected] 108 and a 12.9 @ 108 what gives
:) i'm not giving you a hard time man.. i'm just sayin.

You're improving, most definately... but there is room for more improvement, thats all.

As far as Trap speed is concerned... with the HP you're putting down, it'd definately lower than it should be..

We should talk on messanger. Its easier :)

·
Banned
5,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah if your gonna be on in a bit ill im you I have to go see if i can find some drs

oh and trust me i dont think your giving me a hard time i relly want the help and comments..from my slips and watching the vid..thats how im gonna learn.is from you guys that know.

·
Ho's b4 Bro's
2,148 Posts
What is the track elevation?

It's definitely falling down as shown by your relatively low trap mph (assuming good DA, if you track is at high elevation it's a different story).

·
isu_gto
422 Posts
How much does your car weigh in at? Doesn't it have that huge custom sub enclosure? That could be part of your lower traps.

·
Former GTO Owner
1,884 Posts
yeah my car is a slow pile of shit..
Don't say your car is a slow pile of shit please. Many GTO owners would kill to have your setup. I know I would! What type of rubber are you running? If its on street tires then your 60fts seem ok. And are you making power at 6500+ RPM? Does your dyno sheet tell you this? If your not making power at this RPM then you may be winding out the motor too much.

·
Banned
5,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I guess your right I need to learn to drive better for one..
second I have AN extra 700 lbs in stereo equiptment so i guess its really working.
third..I LOVE MY CAR AND MY MODS...they have done nothing but give me a S.E.G everytime i get in it....
And now that you mention it I am looking at my dyno sheet and im gonna have to try shifting a little earlier.Mygraph looks like im running 800 rpms over where my HP stops...like I said I need TO practice this was my second time on a drag strip..

I was on nitto dr's,and im extremely happy that i cut two 1.9 60's....so i guess its not all bad more driver error than anything..My traps will be higher my next time out garunteed

1 - 20 of 24 Posts