LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After being embarassed a couple times around town because I cant hook up :gears: I need to figure out a new plan to work out over the winter months since the car will be down anyway.

The maggie is awesome, its making every once of power that I expected it to. But in my A4 that power is just about useless because you cant launch the car at all. First gear is literally useless.

So whats the secret? I am thinking about adding a stall over the winter, stickier tires, tranny cooler, and possibly beefing up the rear end with some stronger parts. WHo has some tips on what combinations work?

I know my car is making impressive power because in a roll type race, the car just crushes everything.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Stickier and wider tires + suspension work is really all you can do. Also, learning to launch with the newfound power will help a lot....need to learn to stay off it a bit before mashing the pedal to the floor.... :)

·
It's simple physics
3,733 Posts
Magnacharger rocks. I actually love it with the auto (I know the purests scoff, but it bought it that way on purpose). The only things I can recommend are drag bags and more rubber on the road. The stall will help you put even more power to the wheels on launch becuase the drive train will unload on them from a higher RPM on launch making traction worse. Suspension upgrades will help too of course, but do the bags and more rubber if you want to connect better, in my opinion.

No snow here, so this one gets to play year round.

LR

·
ohios 1st N only 9 second GTO
437 Posts
yep get some nittos if you drive it alot the 275/40/17 will fit stock wheels or up too a 17x10 wheel without rolling it in the rear lip,mickey thompson hook far better at the track but they dont last very long.with FI the stall wont help,just puts ya in the power range faster= less traction.try this launch the car on the traction control just after it hooks take traction button off..works great on the street ..lol ask all the guys i beat ...tires and drag bags make the most diffrence also change that junk drive shaft causes big time wheel hop..contact me on the bags or the shaft i can get them both at a great deal,regards RC

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rcsfastmonte said:
yep get some nittos if you drive it alot the 275/40/17 will fit stock wheels or up too a 17x10 wheel without rolling it in the rear lip,mickey thompson hook far better at the track but they dont last very long.with FI the stall wont help,just puts ya in the power range faster= less traction.try this launch the car on the traction control just after it hooks take traction button off..works great on the street ..lol ask all the guys i beat ...tires and drag bags make the most diffrence also change that junk drive shaft causes big time wheel hop..contact me on the bags or the shaft i can get them both at a great deal,regards RC
Well I guess I am lucky because I dont have a problem with wheel hop at all. Right now the tires just melt on a take off. I tried the traction control trick, either mine is broken or something else is going on because it doesnt make much differance with it on or off. The tire smoke just as much.

·
2005 GTO m6
756 Posts
Do a suspension. Makes a huge difference. I can launch much easier now with the same tires then before

·
New PB MPH - 127.54
2,376 Posts
FI05Goat said:
Well I guess I am lucky because I dont have a problem with wheel hop at all. Right now the tires just melt on a take off. I tried the traction control trick, either mine is broken or something else is going on because it doesnt make much differance with it on or off. The tire smoke just as much.
Same thing here with my TC. I'm in Flint, Michigan right now at school and the weather is obviously cooler up here than in SE Ohio...so needless to say the car has been running good. I hardly ever touch the TC button so it is always on, but the car will still spin with it. It only sometimes cuts power and engages TC.

The car will spin in most of 1st and not even trip the TC.

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
Odd, I hate the TC. About to put some guys inverter on it. I'd be glad if someone could just tell me how to disconnect it. My tires will spin VERY little with it on. & when I turn the engine off at the drive through window I forget to turn the TC of again. I hate that because you figure that out only when your feeling stupid about forget it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts