LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know nothing about wheels but am looking at getting a LIGHTWEIGHT set of 17's that will fit the gto without fabbing. I am looking to run 275's ( I know I will have to roll the fenders and that is fine) but ultimately am looking at what it will take to run 300 + size tires ( I know we have some running adapters and such to get fatter tires but I am thinking about mini tubs possibly down the road...yes you heard me right). So...

Anyone know of a moderately priced LIGHTWEIGHT (less than stockers) set of 17 inch wheels. I know most of what fits is BMW stuff but I am looking for a set of black spoked wheels. I like what I have seen on some members cars but those are 18's and am not going to change tire size to get wheels to fit. May just have to powdercoat the stockers if I cannot find anything.

·
Registered
582 Posts
you want to run 300s? you're going to need to go superwide, then; going to have to change tire sizes anyway to get them to fit. 300 wide will not fit on any stock dimensions. so i don't really understand your rationale. and why do you want to run such wide tires? drag?

·
Registered
728 Posts
I think the only way to run that size of a rear tire you would need to literally cut the fender and install one of those wide-body kits so that the tire actually sticks out beyond what is now the stock fender. Other than tubbing it out and running a narrow rear end you have to go wider on the fenders. If you think about it the tire has to go somewhere...either further in or stick out.

·
Registered
582 Posts
pharmdgto, as well, if you run "tubs" on the street that is just totally gay; you've ruined the look of the GTO and it's just this abomination of humanity. i guess you don't see it this way?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts