LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
ohhhh prettty
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyway so I just got home from buying some car care stuff... the guy thought I worked for a detailing shop hahaha. Here is what I bought

ClayMagic Clay bar package

Meguires Gold class car wash shampoo

Meguires gold class Liquid clear coat wax

Meguires deep crystal paint cleaner

Meguires Scratch X

and also lots of micro fiber applicator pads and drying towels

My question is what order should I use them in, and are there any techniques I should know about... I have a long evening ahead of me I believe... pictures will follow! :drink:

·
Banned
3,872 Posts
the only thing I have to say is that (without knowing) I would think that the car wash is probably gentle and doesn't remove the wax. you want to do that before you clay so get some dishwash soap, a couple beers and start washing

1. remove wax with a wash

2. clay

3. I usually wash again to remove clay residue

4. Scratch X

5. wax

only thing I don't know is where to use the paint cleaner but it must be early on. doesn't it tell you in the directions? that's something new to me

sounds like you'll be busy...have fun and just like in prison...don't drop your clay:bootyshak

·
ohhhh prettty
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hahahaha ya droppin the clay would be a bad deal. I think ure supposed to use the paint cleaner in between the wash and clay mayb? It doesent say...

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
And the peeps say Zanio is expensive ;)

·
Detailing Guru
249 Posts
Huntress said:
And the peeps say Zanio is expensive ;)
How much do you suppose Z18, ZPC, Z7, Z2Pro, and ZFX would cost? About $74 and that doesn't include any extra towels for buffing or drying.

Is it worth it over Meg's GC? Hell yeah.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I still don't understand the hype about zaino. I don't feel like paying $80 for polish, and such. I need to see one up close next to my car to convince me that taking all day polishing my car, and paying a lot more for it is worth the money. I've got a nice chamois, microfiber towels, terry towel rags for the wheels, and a silicone blade to get the majority of water off with care. I think the towel is mos timportant to the shine.

·
ohhhh prettty
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok just got done washing and damn she already is lookin good... much better than ever before, I think the combo of the meguires wash and the micro fiber towels did wonders compared to a normal car wash or something.... About to go out and either use the paint cleaner or the clay bar... dunno which to do first.

·
Banned
3,872 Posts
ArkansasGoat said:
Ok just got done washing and damn she already is lookin good... much better than ever before, I think the combo of the meguires wash and the micro fiber towels did wonders compared to a normal car wash or something.... About to go out and either use the paint cleaner or the clay bar... dunno which to do first.
I think I would clay:drink: because I always wash:drink: after claying:drink: and maybe that would get rid of residue:barf:

·
ohhhh prettty
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok well JUST now got finished with it all... this may sound weird but it definately looked the best after the clay and wash....I then waxed it and I dont know if it was too humid or it just takes a reallly long time to dry, but it just kept on smearing when I tried to remove it... but I think I finally got it prety much all off and it looks alright... not near as good as it should after all that work tho..

·
99% Stock
4,968 Posts
ArkansasGoat said:
Anyway so I just got home from buying some car care stuff... the guy thought I worked for a detailing shop hahaha. Here is what I bought

ClayMagic Clay bar package

Meguires Gold class car wash shampoo

Meguires gold class Liquid clear coat wax

Meguires deep crystal paint cleaner

Meguires Scratch X

and also lots of micro fiber applicator pads and drying towels

My question is what order should I use them in, and are there any techniques I should know about... I have a long evening ahead of me I believe... pictures will follow! :drink:

Should have found a better place to buy towels

·
ohhhh prettty
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Actually the applicator pads and the drying towels were the highlight of my day... they were all Microfiber and worked excelent!

·
Banned
2,899 Posts
put it all in a blender and put it in a spray bottle, spray and whipe. lol save time. lol

·
The Entenmann's Shim-Sham
12,146 Posts
ArkansasGoat said:
Ok well JUST now got finished with it all... this may sound weird but it definately looked the best after the clay and wash....I then waxed it and I dont know if it was too humid or it just takes a reallly long time to dry, but it just kept on smearing when I tried to remove it... but I think I finally got it prety much all off and it looks alright... not near as good as it should after all that work tho..
I think I read a thread on here, I think -db- started it, about the Meguier's Gold Class wax and how he had a hard time getting it off, as well. I think you have to wait an hour or two before trying to remove it. I think that is what the recommendation was from a few other members.

Also, if you have the luxury of doing so, do the majority of the work in a garage so other contaminents from near by trees or high flying birds don't spoil the work you are putting into it. I live in a wooded area and I can't even wash one end of the car without shit getting on the other end.

Also, get Q-Tips to remove the wax along body lines and headlights/taillights.

·
ohhhh prettty
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for all the help guys, and ya I did all the work out in the shop... away from the elements. The wax finally dried fully after a couple hours and I got the trouble spots, I will say I went went down to bikes, blues, and bbq a bit ago and the shine on this thing is brilliant... really full color, im def impressed after seeing it under some lights.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts