LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
The Entenmann's Shim-Sham
12,092 Posts
The entire site is dead, unfortunately. People like Pat have either moved to Facebook or moved on entirely.

·
Administrator
7,995 Posts
Yeah, that guy hasn't signed on here in over 6 months.

This whole forum is a sliver of what it used to be last time you were on here. A vast majority of people have moved on to other cars, social media groups, or just vanished.

The regional sections in particular are essentially deserted. Tech sections and the lounge is really all that's active anymore.

·
Orphan Car Owner
2,794 Posts
I miss this place. Facebook groups are awful.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
The entire site is dead, unfortunately. People like Pat have either moved to Facebook or moved on entirely.
Truth. I was thinking of trying to organize another Tony Luke's run like we used to. But after browsing the NE/Mid-Atlantic section, I figured it'd be seen by all of 5 people and didn't bother :mrrg:

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Truth. I was thinking of trying to organize another Tony Luke's run like we used to. But after browsing the NE/Mid-Atlantic section, I figured it'd be seen by all of 5 people and didn't bother :mrrg:

Any attempt at organizing a run has failed over the last few years. No more run thru the Shenandoah during the leaf color changing or Carlisle for Nationals or just meeting at a cars & coffee.

When I drive the '06 to OC for cruise week and see other 04-06's, they don't even acknowledge or wave back.

·
Pontiac Fanboy
1,011 Posts
I tried to organize a thing at Cars and Coffee last year, multiple people said they were interested and would show up... it ended up being me and sandu002.

I did see a guy wearing a Capital City GTO shirt at Wegmans in Owings Mills last week...

·
Orphan Car Owner
2,794 Posts
Any attempt at organizing a run has failed over the last few years. No more run thru the Shenandoah during the leaf color changing or Carlisle for Nationals or just meeting at a cars & coffee.

When I drive the '06 to OC for cruise week and see other 04-06's, they don't even acknowledge or wave back.
We still do the Tail of the Dragon every October. All the planning is in Facebook groups now. Pretty large group of mostly G8s showed up last year. We tend to stick together in a small group of "veterans". If you are interested in going I can give you the details.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
We still do the Tail of the Dragon every October. All the planning is in Facebook groups now. Pretty large group of mostly G8s showed up last year. We tend to stick together in a small group of "veterans". If you are interested in going I can give you the details.
I just got back from doing the Back of the Dragon this week. Have that twice and the Tail twice now.

·
12,092 Posts
People have just migrated to the Facebook groups, and stuff gets organized there. The problem is that any asshole can create a group, so you have 600 groups for the same platform, and the threads aren't structured as well as a forum.

I've talked about having a get together before. I might do something once I get the trans back in the El Camino.

·
GR-RRR!
4,402 Posts
Everybody says that but participation here keeps dwindling. I've seen the same trouble with the Chevelle board I frequent. I honestly don't get it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Seems like back when I had a face book account I tried to join the gto forum and it never got approved. I since have just deleted my fb account just because it was wasting so much of my time. But I will admit it is very hard to attend any local car events without a fb because of not knowing when and what is happening.

·
The battle of wits has begun.
2,279 Posts
On a PC, I prefer this forum to avoid the window licking smurftards of Facebook.

But on a phone, this website is a freaking nightmare.

Convenience of mobile device > window licking fucktards = Death of the forum of a vehicle that is dwindling in numbers.

·
Bmore Goat
4,677 Posts
I rarely come on here and never look at GTO FB pages beyond when a friend posts something on the GTO trade and sell FB page.

It's not the same without you post whoring it up Pat. Don't tell me you are gone too. Capital City Hero's will never be the same without you.
Pat claims he's always working weekends and hasn't attend an event in 4 years ..... all work and no play makes Pat a dull dude!

Rarely anything of substance is posted in GTO FB groups .... glad this forum is still maintained, FB isn't formatted for historic tech research.

I don't recall you organizing an event here or on the CCGTO FB page .... since the goat farm debacle. I tip my hat to you for your RNA involvement and extensive track time hobby but dude you haven't shown up to events posted on the CCGTO page in the past 3 years. I recall the last one, you (wisely) bailed due to the rain and drove home from Gettysburg about 15 minutes before I arrived en route to Carlisle.

I tried to organize a thing at Cars and Coffee last year, multiple people said they were interested and would show up... it ended up being me and sandu002.

I did see a guy wearing a Capital City GTO shirt at Wegmans in Owings Mills last week...
I recall your C&C effort and trying to get people to attend the Pypes event in PA when it conflicted with Carlisle .... its not easy these days like it was say 10 years ago to gather up the herd for a run. After wasting my time waiting for people who didn't show, the last 2 years I stopped trying to organize a collective run to Carlisle.

Wegs in the hood on the weekend wearing a CCGTO Tee from one of the Rally North America events would have been me.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
I rarely come on here and never look at GTO FB pages beyond when a friend posts something on the GTO trade and sell FB page.

Pat claims he's always working weekends and hasn't attend an event in 4 years ..... all work and no play makes Pat a dull dude!

Rarely anything of substance is posted in GTO FB groups .... glad this forum is still maintained, FB isn't formatted for historic tech research.

I don't recall you organizing an event here or on the CCGTO FB page .... since the goat farm debacle. I tip my hat to you for your RNA involvement and extensive track time hobby but dude you haven't shown up to events posted on the CCGTO page in the past 3 years. I recall the last one, you (wisely) bailed due to the rain and drove home from Gettysburg about 15 minutes before I arrived en route to Carlisle.

I recall your C&C effort and trying to get people to attend the Pypes event in PA when it conflicted with Carlisle .... its not easy these days like it was say 10 years ago to gather up the herd for a run. After wasting my time waiting for people who didn't show, the last 2 years I stopped trying to organize a collective run to Carlisle.

Wegs in the hood on the weekend wearing a CCGTO Tee from one of the Rally North America events would have been me.
Damn Red, you coming down hard on me. Truth is I really don't have time to plan an event, but willing to join in for one.

·
Orphan Car Owner
2,794 Posts
Fuck Carlisle. Renaming the event to the Chevrolet Nationals...

·
Bmore Goat
4,677 Posts
Damn Red, you coming down hard on me. Truth is I really don't have time to plan an event, but willing to join in for one.
Understood and ah, you know I'm a jackass ....

smurf Carlisle. Renaming the event to the Chevrolet Nationals...
Meh, I don't attend events for the name .... its all about the ride there and GTG with the herd.

·
12,092 Posts
MoonShiner said:
smurf Carlisle. Renaming the event to the Chevrolet Nationals...
Eh, I didn't attend this last one due to dedicating vacation time and travel funds to England and Niagara. Even before the name change, the Carlisle GM event has been suffering in participation, both with the GTO crowd and as a whole. There have just been too many drama llamas over the years and factions of participants have broken off due to butthurt.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts