LS1GTO.com Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
What the....
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Meh, I don't attend events for the name .... its all about the ride there and GTG with the herd.
Agreed......I went to one show here in Myrtle Beach and there was not one goat around. They are gonna be in a shock when I show up with this monster next year.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,049 Posts
The regional sections in particular are essentially deserted. Tech sections and the lounge is really all that's active anymore.
Vaginal Odor, we hardly knew ye.

·
What the....
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well in case anyone was wondering Pat (myred2004gto) contacted me. He is doing good, and still has the car. He is not active on here because the board has pretty much died but he did say he saw my post and had to respond to my email. It's a shame to see this place die off like ths.

·
What the....
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Agreed......I went to one show here in Myrtle Beach and there was not one goat around. They are gonna be in a shock when I show up with this monster next year.
Well....the good news is I was contacted here on the board by a local member from South Carolina. He gave me heads up on all the shows going on for the year. So that is good. I am bringing the car down her next week to occupy my new house. I feel as giddy as a teenager getting laid for the first time....lol.

·
Torrid 06 M6
589 Posts
Good to hear. I still love driving my GTO and learning about these cars. Not all of us have moved to FB.

·
Pontiac Fanboy
1,012 Posts
Still here, still digging through the forums printing old threads full of knowledge to save the pictures and data.
New baby means no time for events this summer but more cars and coffee.
New LT1-S clutch means the GTO is back to semi-daily driver duties. :)

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
The death of car forums is inevitable. As all cars age people move on to other things and in the case of a lot of enthusiast forums this brings in waves of mostly younger new owners who pick up the vehicles for a fraction of the original selling price and flooding the forums with the dreaded FPFQ crowd and an almost unbelievable level of immaturity.

Fortunately for those of us who stick around there are usually the die hard owners who still enjoy the camaraderie and wealth of information that forums which have been around a long time offer. Facebook is a disorganized mess with a shitton of idiots who are literally unbearable and impossible to tolerate for me. No fvcking way I'm going there ever, I'm too old for that crap. I's still a moderator on 2 other enthusiast forums, both Infiniti with one being locally focused and we have the exact same issues there as we have here. But even though it's getting more difficult to tolerate the waves of teenagers that pick up cars that were over $40K new for $2000 and do unthinkable mods to them that are "cool" I still frequent them to hang out with old friends and occasionally make fun of the noobs lol. I haven't been here long but I enjoy being a member because the vibe is the same as my other forums. Since I plan on keeping my Goat pretty much stock for the foreseeable future I don't really have a lot of input to offer a lot of the time but I've learned a lot about my car which is really cool. And don't worry, I won't be posting about cutting springs or posting threads like "What is the best intake to use" lol. Extremely proud to be a member of the Herd and the forum.

·
What the....
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
The death of car forums is inevitable. As all cars age people move on to other things and in the case of a lot of enthusiast forums this brings in waves of mostly younger new owners who pick up the vehicles for a fraction of the original selling price and flooding the forums with the dreaded FPFQ crowd and an almost unbelievable level of immaturity.

Fortunately for those of us who stick around there are usually the die hard owners who still enjoy the camaraderie and wealth of information that forums which have been around a long time offer. Facebook is a disorganized mess with a shitton of idiots who are literally unbearable and impossible to tolerate for me. No smvrfing way I'm going there ever, I'm too old for that crap. I's still a moderator on 2 other enthusiast forums, both Infiniti with one being locally focused and we have the exact same issues there as we have here. But even though it's getting more difficult to tolerate the waves of teenagers that pick up cars that were over $40K new for $2000 and do unthinkable mods to them that are "cool" I still frequent them to hang out with old friends and occasionally make fun of the noobs lol. I haven't been here long but I enjoy being a member because the vibe is the same as my other forums. Since I plan on keeping my Goat pretty much stock for the foreseeable future I don't really have a lot of input to offer a lot of the time but I've learned a lot about my car which is really cool. And don't worry, I won't be posting about cutting springs or posting threads like "What is the best intake to use" lol. Extremely proud to be a member of the Herd and the forum.
Yeah.....me too. I have generated a lot of interest here in Myrtle Beach about the car. Told a few locals about the car and will stop by to show it off. I make settlement in my new house next week and will go pick my car up in Virginia to bring it down here. Then.....it is on. I found a couple local shows here that I will attend. I can't wait.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I'm heading down to Myrtle Beach next week for vacation. Wish I could drive my car down there and put some miles on it.

·
What the....
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I'm heading down to Myrtle Beach next week for vacation. Wish I could drive my car down there and put some miles on it.
I know....right? I only have 40k on my car as she is a garage queen. She is going back in the garage when I make settlement.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I know....right? I only have 40k on my car as she is a garage queen. She is going back in the garage when I make settlement.
Heading down to MB in a couple of weeks, would be great to meet up, but we are not taking the GTO on vacation. That would be way too many miles on my 10k garage queen in one summer.

·
What the....
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
On a PC, I prefer this forum to avoid the window licking smurftards of Facebook.

But on a phone, this website is a freaking nightmare.

Convenience of mobile device > window licking smurftards = Death of the forum of a vehicle that is dwindling in numbers.
Agreed.....never was a faceted person. I joined just to check it out and if I knew anyone. Oh well screw it. How about the Woodbridge meet? Do they still have that huge get together of classic cars at the commuter lot? I remember a bunch of us showing up there with all the local classic cars. My buddy down the street from me brought his Cobra R yo the show. I remember racing him after the show. We were in triple digits on the way. Lol....glad there were no cops looking on 95 as my car is a LITTLE loud and kinda draws the fuzz.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts