LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Mr Fingers to you
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The noise that I am hearing at 45MPH plus I am now told by the dealer that it is coming from the front end.

They cant figure out where but they say its front end.

Bearing type noise.

They say they can hear the noise at any speed, but I hear it loudly at 45mph plus.

The other non-Pontiac techs that I have let listen to it say its definetely bearing noise.

So if it is front-end... then what is it??? any advice here????

·
no goat
367 Posts
could be..

My moms car, 04 CTS, had a bearing noise up front. It too was loudest at ~45mph....turned out to be a bad wheel bearing, they swapped it out and that was that. I would ask them to check that could just be a small manufacturing defect in the bearing.

·
Registered
226 Posts
i have same problem when i put it in reverse and it makes a werid noise also the dealer said it was some bracket on my aftermarket exhaust which i took off exhaust and still heard it they just dont wnat to fix it

·
Mr Fingers to you
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So the dealer could hear the noise but couldnt find it. So they wrote on the Service order that it was normal.

They said once they get a TSB on it or GM gives them a better idea they will fix it. :banghead:

So I guess I will have to find it myself and then bring it back in.

They say its coming from the front and I only hear it in the rear.

·
GO STEELERS!
5,106 Posts
Thats bull****, don't let them push you around, you payed enough money for the car.

·
Mr Fingers to you
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unless someone can tell me what the problem is or I find it myself, I will either see if it gets louder over the next few weeks or go to a different dealer.

Another dealer requires a 1 1/2 hour drive.

·
Wooohooo
3,381 Posts
silverbugeye said:
Unless someone can tell me what the problem is or I find it myself, I will either see if it gets louder over the next few weeks or go to a different dealer.

Another dealer requires a 1 1/2 hour drive.
If it gets louder with speed that sounds like a wheel bearing. Very few things are speed sensitive so it shouldnt be too hard to find.

·
Mr Fingers to you
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They had the car for 8 hours today and couldnt figure it out :rolleyes:

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
I don't know but....

Does one have to take it to a Pontiac dealer? I mean, could a Chevy dealer do the work?

·
Mr Fingers to you
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pontiac is the only one that does it under warranty. You pay for anyone else

Unless its a chevy dealer that has a Pontiac under the same roof

·
Registered
226 Posts
do u guys have a sound when u are coming to a stop its this werid rubbing noise in rear or like loud winding down?????

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
silverbugeye said:
Pontiac is the only one that does it under warranty. You pay for anyone else

Unless its a chevy dealer that has a Pontiac under the same roof
Any GM authorized dealer (gmgoodwrench) can do it under warranty

·
Wooohooo
3,381 Posts
dede said:
Any GM authorized dealer (gmgoodwrench) can do it under warranty
Exactly.

·
Mr Fingers to you
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well GMC dealer says they cant warranty chevy trucks and chevy says it cant work on GMC warranty.

Thats what I have been told before

1 - 14 of 14 Posts