LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
It's simple physics
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a new lull here, but thinking about some of the past races that didn't make it into print here. Two stand out at the moment:

1. On the way to work an RX-8, black and all tricked out wanted some. Younger guy at the wheel. I roar down the access road to get to the on ramp and he tries to keep up, to little avail, but still does better than many supposed sports cars have. We make it up on the interstate (traffic is heavy everywhere) and I end up behind him and he nails it. I ride his rear end as he accelerates flat out and once a lane opens next to us I swing out and pass him up pretty quick. I know he was over matched to begin with (even if modded) but its still a really good feeling to know he's been wrapped out and you're passing him with a 15 or 20 mph lead going into triple digits. He has to get over behind me and we're coming up on another blob of traffic so I nail the brakes. He's far enough behind that he had plenty of time to slow as well, but instead this dipstick swings out into the HOV lane, keeping it floored. Scared the crap out of some folks (including himself too I hope) then darts back into the main lanes, then, as we top a rise I see him dart back into the HOV and almost get sideways. Yow. Then back into the main lanes. If you can't take being beaten (someone is ALWAYS faster than you), you shouldn't be in the game. I felt kind of guilty but I was long gone and he was still acting the fool so I don't know what to think.

2. A guy in a ricer VW (not sure what kind, but not the Jetta or Beetle - I'm not up on VWs). Brand new but repainted with a custom (and almost tasteful) body kit - or at least I've never seen orange metallic on a VW from the factory. Wide wheels. I'm assuming he was modded too, if he spent that much money on the car. Heavy traffic on the way home and he zooms up behind me following way too close like he wants to show another America V8 what his krautmobile will do. Eventually we hit the completed section of the I-10 widening project and I slowly depress the peddle to the floor. He hung for a bit, swiniging out like he thought he was going to pass me or something, then he dwindles in the mirror. I notice the stereo getting louder (I have the speed sensitive setting on) and glance at the speedo, it's reading 135 so I back off and ease back into traffic, doing about 80, a little faster than most traffic. As we're coming up on my exit almost 75 seconds later, I see VW-boy coming fast. He's really moving too, at least 120+. I"m kind of curious as to if he's just now catching up to me without letting off or if he got out of it and this is just an attempt at a flyby. He gets off where I do but now he won't look over and is minding his own business big time. GTO 1, orange German ego 0.

LR

·
Registered
582 Posts
it's often silly what sore losers will do to get one up on you, or so they think. the after-kill antics of some of these idiots is almost as engaging to hear about as the actual race. the aggressive manoeuvres and insane risks some of these assholes take after-the-fact to "get you" is just stupid. they've lost. they have been had. their car lost. they failed their car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts