LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
dozlert
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you Omaha/Offutt GTO owners heard about a new 1/4 mile racetrack in Omaha? I read about this in the Sunday classified saying there was a hearing. Here is the website...please support them:

http://nemotorplex.com/

·
Stock Sucks
939 Posts
When I spoke with the powers that be at MAM, they stated it was all a hoax that had been blow really far out of proportion... but the article makes it look legit! I am guess it will not happen, but it would be nice!

·
Shawn R. K.
243 Posts
New 1/4 Mile Drag Strip Hopes!

HWFSTRU said:
When I spoke with the powers that be at MAM, they stated it was all a hoax that had been blow really far out of proportion... but the article makes it look legit! I am guess it will not happen, but it would be nice!
Okay, now that I opened my mouth and inserted my foot with out dated information, I need to change my previous statement...hey I could be a politician!
I also heard, as of last week, that there will be a hearing at the county seat in Lincoln on October 11th! I am planning on taking that day off to support the new track, that is going to be outside Lincoln, Nebraska. Thanks for posting the link. I didn't have it til now, thanks!
Anyone wanting to go with me on the 11th, or I could ride with you, let me know. My number is 402-504-0917.
--Shawn
:thumbs: :thumbs:

·
dozlert
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I just hope it passes. I think that would be great for the area to have a 1/4 mile track, especially since the closure of Scribner.

·
Stock Sucks
939 Posts
So what is the timeline for completion if approved? If approved will it be a mom and pop kind of thing or are we talking IHRA/NHRA sactioned...

This would be a great thing for Omaha as a whole if it was sanctioned as it would bring in a great deal of money when the big series cars came though the area...

Shawn... I will be on leave on the 11th so if I am going to make it out there I will let you know so we can ride together. Besides... I have a magazine to return. :)

·
Shawn R. K.
243 Posts
Lincoln Support For Drag Strip

I will be heading to Lincoln tomorrow. Hope to see all who are supporters there! Cross your fingers!
--Shawn
:gears: :gears:

·
dozlert
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool! I hope to hear about the trip! A good race track close by will get the road racers on a more safe track...for them as well as the public. Keep us informed!

·
Shawn R. K.
243 Posts
Watch the VIDEO For & Against the Drag Strip Proposal

Go to this link: http://www.lincoln.ne.gov/city/mayor/cic/5citytv/video.htm
Then go to: Lincoln-Lancaster Planning Commission
Then click on the: 10-11-06

Watch the video, it is 6 hours 29 minutes 24 seconds.
--Shawn
By the way, you need to go 1 hour and 30 minutes 20 seconds into video to view the start of the Drag Race Track Proposal.
--Shawn

1 - 10 of 10 Posts