LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
DAE HAN MIN GOOK!!!
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you're probably wondering WHY i'm so freakin' excited... considering i was the first to actually have this thing.

but...

here's why.

i just came back from meeting with Lou S., the guy who makes these things...

and my car is now...

fitted with the prototype version of the STOCK KNOB VERSION of the Lou's Short Stick!!!!

snapped a bunch of pics but i'm stuck at school so i'll be uploading them when i get home. i gotta tell ya, this thing is soooooo much better than stock. the throws are much better, just flick your wrist and it goes in. it's also lowered about an inch and a quarter.

don't have an ETA as to when it'll be hitting the shelves at afterthoughts auto. there will only be 35 made in the first batch of these... lou thinks it shouldn't take too long. but it is definately worth the wait. :)

questions, comments, concerns: fire away! i'll try my best to address all of them.

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
I'll be the first :D

:worthless:

·
"YELOJKT"
784 Posts
Yes pics please! When you say an 1.25" shorter is this shorter than stock knob or shorter still than the threaded version. I'm definitely interested in possibly using the LSS w/ GMM Street but don't want it too short. Thanks for the update. It's official now? Any word on pricing? How do I get in on that first order?

·
DAE HAN MIN GOOK!!!
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MatadorRed69: it's 1.25" shorter than stock. at least that's what it looked like. yes, it's official. lou is having 35 made on the first run. as far as pricing and ordering, that's something that afterthoughts will come up with. it might be a little more expensive (a couple dollars) than the threaded version due to the extra machining they have to do to accomodate the stock knob. it won't be much though... and it'll still be waaay cheaper than the HSV and JHP short stick (which is basically a shortened stock shifter... still encased in rubber) and will be better quality than the knockoff LSS's that you see on eGay (which i've owned too... pretty much crap if you ask me).

i honestly LOVE this thing. my stock knob is pretty worn out (even the teeth that hold the knob on the ridge inside the knob) but i haven't had any problems with it slipping off or coming off. i even spent a good amount of time (and gas) driving and shifting pretty aggressively. the throws are real precise... and short too. it's almost like a BMW short shifter. flick of the wrist for me. and the heavy stock knob helps too. no rattles or anything so far.

anywho, pics as promised. i apologize, i took like 68 pictures but most of them are blurry because i couldn't keep my hand still.

just to show you how low it sits and how the throw changed from stock... here's some crappy sideways shots. the second gear throw looks really long from neutral in the picture but it's just the picture... it's not that far. :)

First gear:

Neutral:

Second Gear:

if anyone in the orlando area wants to see it, lemme know. i'd be more than happy to let y'all test it out. :)

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
Damn, that looks like the shifter in the bmw m3

·
DAE HAN MIN GOOK!!!
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:) it feels pretty freakin' close.

·
YOUNG ONE!
599 Posts
lemme know when there is a pricing up!

·
"YELOJKT"
784 Posts
Can't wait to try it with my new Ripshift. I'm sold!

·
GTOless
7,063 Posts
I was going to buy one with a Hurst knob but now Ill wait.

·
goat lover
212 Posts
here's one sold the day they are available.......now just to make sure i get one on the first run

·
dum dum dum dum dudum
6,217 Posts
Looks great. Its almost like the Orossom shifter I have. Except the knob doesnt sit so low. I also just noticed how crappy the US shifter boot leather is. Its all cracked and cheap looking. I got a shifter that came with my sport steering wheel from Aussie and the quality of the boot is just like the leather on the seats. Its really soft and no wrinkles or cracks.

·
Blown By Maggie
2,443 Posts
Looks great. Just make sure you get that knob pushed all the way down. I thought mine was on correctly and at the track it ended up popping and spinning around. Not a good thing at 119MPH.

I went ahead and went with the Thread stick for my GMM from PM and used a Hurst T-Handle. That sucker is not going anywhere.

·
Its not a real hemi
902 Posts
I want to be one of those 35! Please let me know when it available and the pricing.

·
Registered
707 Posts
damn i already ordered the reg lous short stick on wednesday!

·
DAE HAN MIN GOOK!!!
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
mdmike said:
Looks great. Just make sure you get that knob pushed all the way down. I thought mine was on correctly and at the track it ended up popping and spinning around. Not a good thing at 119MPH.

I went ahead and went with the Thread stick for my GMM from PM and used a Hurst T-Handle. That sucker is not going anywhere.
it's pushed down all the way. :) i tried to do everything to get that knob to come off earlier and that thing would NOT budge at all.

·
DAE HAN MIN GOOK!!!
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh4GTO said:
Looks great. Its almost like the Orossom shifter I have. Except the knob doesnt sit so low. I also just noticed how crappy the US shifter boot leather is. Its all cracked and cheap looking. I got a shifter that came with my sport steering wheel from Aussie and the quality of the boot is just like the leather on the seats. Its really soft and no wrinkles or cracks.
i hear ya on that. i need to order a new shift boot and knob... the knob is pretty scratched up and worn. but textbooks and tuition fees are sucking away all my money. happens every year. ARGH. =P

·
Resident SVT Defender
906 Posts
MatadorRed69 said:
Can't wait to try it with my new Ripshift. I'm sold!
+1 WOO HOO! I've wanted to try a Lou's for a long time, I just didn't want to give up my stock knob. I definitely want in on the 1st run! Oh wait...now I need to order the street conversion for my GMM! Oh well, I'll do it! Speaking of, when will a Lou's be available for the GMM race?

·
DAE HAN MIN GOOK!!!
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i doubt there's gonna be one for the GMM race anytime soon. =P sorry.

·
Resident SVT Defender
906 Posts
^^I guess I'll order the street conversion. What do you think the LSS will do on a GMM street. Change the height, the throws, ?

1 - 20 of 159 Posts