LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
burnout silver star award :)
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just fired the 408 last night and my gas gauge didnt even move. i also got the very low fuel message on the dic. is there anything that i have missed? the car has been without power for 4 months. does the cluster need to be reprogrammed? i really dont think it was that low on gas when i pulled it in.

·
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont even know where to begin to look for it. i was pretty sure i got everything connected but maybe i didnt. i would like to find the problem myself because i think ive got about a 50/50 shot that its under warranty. if its the cluster its covered but if i messed up the wire i bet the dealer will charge me a rediculous amount.

yes the engine fired but i had to shut it off right away. missed one plug underneath by the firewall and it started pumping oil out :( i got the plug in but had no way to get any more oil last night. so today im going to try again. when its successful i will post a idle vid.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Thats good but it sucks if that makes any sense at all? I would just get a friend over and help you check out the sender or fuel tank if you can't find it then take it to the dealer.

·
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mister Skizzels said:
You dont think there is metal in the vaccumm lines or anything like that from when the original engine took a dump?

actually when the engine took a dump it was at idle and i shut it right off. i seriously doubt anything got in it. im leaning towards a cluster problem because i just went out there and i got an abs fault too. i dont think my dealer will charge me for that because i havent messed with that lol.

·
Premium Member
82,628 Posts
Make sure you've got a fully charged battery, I hear these goats make lots of racket when their low on voltage

·
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
05GoatinIndy said:
Make sure you've got a fully charged battery, I hear these goats make lots of racket when their low on voltage

its on the charger as we speak and i have an optima on order. im going to take that out of the equation before i break down and take it to the dealer. the stock battery has always been on the weak side.

·
Quicksilver
47 Posts
I had the same gas gage problem with my Goat. I took both battery cables off and cleaned them, retighten the cables got in turned the key on and the gas gauge started working again. Have not had any problems since then.

·
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
update - i put it on the charger this morning and went out at lunch to check it out. it started right up and no errors. i think it may be the battery. got to actually putz around in my car finally, its been 4 months!! i cant wait to get this thing tuned and open her up!!

·
Casey is now GONE-RIP Casey
962 Posts
Nice to have your baby back. Wow all summer? Thats like being punished.:cry:

About 2 years ago, I was healing up a broken leg, so I couldn't drive mine for 3 months. But I did take her for a spin around the block after 2 months, with my gas leg all casted up.:)

Enjoy!

·
Registered
499 Posts
I've had the gas gauge thing pop up on my 06 a few times, I turned the key off, restarted and it cleared each time it happened (4 times) Don't think its a battery issue. Dealer could find nothing wrong........

1 - 12 of 12 Posts