LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My AMG story is notable not for what actually happed, but when it happened and what it portends.

Within 5 miles of purchasing my GTO at the dealership, I was minding my own business, while becoming acquainted with my new car on a rural northern Illinois four lane country highway. With less than 15 miles on it's odometer, a new AMG C-Class pulls up next to me as I was accelerating from a stop sign. He sped up and slowed down on a number of occassions, clearly wanting to test the GTO's manhood (and possibly mine?). Not able to resist, I let him pass me and then I dropped a gear and buried him. I never exceeded 65 mph, mindful of the engine break-in period.

Let's just say that the AMG driver's smug was a little less pronounced when that little affair ended. I love the car!!

Besides, I'm shocked that the Mercedes didn't break down...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GTOdriver7 -

I'm from Milwaukee and found my best price in Illinois. Competition I guess.

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
Welcome to the board Jake!

Maybe you can meet up with us IL folks one weekend!

I'm just over the border near Great America.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Beware, people don't believe that AMG's can go down to lowly LS1's. :D

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Maybe

CMNTMXR57 said:
Beware, people don't believe that AMG's can go down to lowly LS1's. :D
They might be a little more receptive to the idea that some of them might since the M/T article... :D Seems our lowly Goat had the AMG modded CLK-55 huffing and puffing as I recollect, something about 'Two for the price of one'... :D I imagine the Merz driver above saw his worst fears crystallize before his eyes, and is mighty lucky he didn't get one of us whose not only broken in, but Predatorized (is that a word?) as well. Rubber in three gears might have really frosted it for him... :D

·
US Monaro-IBM/B/M6-K&N
739 Posts
Reply - One less satisfied AMG driver

Way to go, Jake! .. But do break it in right, you want about 1k mi on it first before you push it hard .. won't take long .. just cruise and enjoy the looks.

A.M.G. .. Doesn't that stand for "Another Meal for Gto"? :rolleyes:

Smoked Kraut! ..... Mean Monaros - Drive On! .......... BBD :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts