LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Master of Youngrushhour
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The gods definitetly hate me - sort of. I walked outside an hour ago to wash the GTO and as I approached the drivers side it looked like someone keyed the car from the top of the fender down the drivers door to the plastic valance. You can image the first words out of my mouth. After I cooled down I took a closer look - the white line was only paint - must have been from a freshly painted line somewhere or off of a painters truck (more likely). The line was no more then a 1/16 of an inch wide all the way done - weird, like a string. The paint was semi hardened. Then I look in my wheel wells and see yellow paint splatter and yellow specks on the front rocker panel - also semi hardened.

Thank god I waxed the car only a few weeks ago. After a good hour of gently rubbing and using my finger nail I got 95% of it out of the paint. I can still see a streak mark, which I assume a lttle micro compounding will take out.

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
Would a claybar take that off?

·
Master of Youngrushhour
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure never used one - but it sounds like it is worth a try before going to compund.

·
2,137 Posts
Wish you were close... I'd run over with claybar and Z6 in hand!

I know ACE Hardware by me sells claybars... as should most autoparts stores.

Good luck!

·
3,327 Posts
I was behind a paint truck a few weeks ago. Scared the crap out of me. I just knew that I would get some paint on it, but was real lucky. I was REAL careful when I passed him, and it took forever.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Glad you got the paint off. I saw an old lady pull into a gas station with yellow paint all down the side of her car. The garage attendant couldn't get it off. I felt bad for her.

·
Master of Youngrushhour
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Diana - you know Illinois is only about a 1,000 miles at most from me - sounds like I need to make a road trip. Could be out there and back by the end of the weekend. Wife says shes bored sitting around the house today anyway.

·
2,137 Posts
rushhour said:
Diana - you know Illinois is only about a 1,000 miles at most from me - sounds like I need to make a road trip. Could be out there and back by the end of the weekend. Wife says shes bored sitting around the house today anyway.
Let's see 1000 miles / 140mph (conservative ;)) puts you at 7 hours... and that ride should cure your wife's boredom right out of her system forever!

I do believe you are right! :gr_jest:

·
Master of Youngrushhour
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why only 140? As a proud Goat owner you know that conservative is 160Mph (after the appropraite tune predator tune of course).

I married this girl because of her purchase in 78 of a brand new trans am - which she felt was a tad slow. This girl lives for speed - except for certain areas of course (probably why she is bored).

·
2,137 Posts
okay... way conservative, I was thinking fuel economy... you know gas prices and all ;)

·
Registered
163 Posts
You're lucky... My last black car foud it's way over a fresh line and got white road paint splatter behind the rear wheel.... nothing would get that sh*t off. Luckily, it wasn't so bad as someone would notice unless they were looking for it, but it irked me nonetheless. Be happy, very happy, that you caught it before it dried!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts