LS1GTO.com Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
37781 - 37800 of 39037 Posts

·
Hermes Trismegistus
16,206 Posts
Fridge is broken, freezer works. Had to throw away almost everything in my fridge. Luckily I caught it early enough and moved my meds to an ice chest with ice packs. Let maintenance know it was broken on the 24th, still nothing. Called apartment manager earlier and asked for an update, that all my groceries were ruined and I can't buy any food until it's fixed. Hoping she gives me money off my rent in addition to getting it fixed asap.
Sucks for the groceries. Meds are a big deal.

·
Livin' life
18,060 Posts
Any of you IT gurus know much about windows 10? I've just spent an afternoon trying to fix a problem I have regarding cd/dvd player/burner not working in windows 10. I came across this issue back in Sydney not long before we moved and put the problem on the back burner, so to speak. If anyone has the time I'd appreciate some help. Maybe a PM would be best as I wouldn't want to burden the rocket science level of interaction that permeates this thread.

·
Worthless Staff Mbr
54,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #37,789
Any of you IT gurus know much about windows 10? I've just spent an afternoon trying to fix a problem I have regarding cd/dvd player/burner not working in windows 10. I came across this issue back in Sydney not long before we moved and put the problem on the back burner, so to speak. If anyone has the time I'd appreciate some help. Maybe a PM would be best as I wouldn't want to burden the rocket science level of interaction that permeates this thread.
:rofl:

·
Meh to nie Z06
2,028,806 Posts

You should have bought an apple.

·
いいえ、それ&#
2,017,400 Posts
I had to buy a Windows laptop recently (I'm the club treasurer and wanted to get the bookkeeping software off my own machine), but I made sure it came with Windows 7. I try to spend as little time with Windows as possible and don't want to learn a new system (Microsoft has killed me with all the changes they've made to the user interface in Office.)

That said, I think there's still a device manager app - look first there to make sure the system actually sees the hardware.

·
Fake bacon lover
10,734 Posts
back home from a little trip to work on the race car in Houston

Of course... being a race car = a little bitch.. yeah, there's something wrong.
Fuck if I know what the issues is, but we have like 4 weeks to sort it out (which will go by FAST)

This is after putting the motor back in, then pulling the transmissions back out - then putting it back it. And it still has issues. AAAHHHGGRRRRHAHAHAHGGG!

Lets just say I spent like 3 days solid wrenching on shit and it still don't work.

awesome

·
Fake bacon lover
10,734 Posts
Then... THEN!!!

I get home and pick up the little dog from the kennel at the vet.
bring him home... and he has the shits now.

I mean... this is fucking awesome. I'm cleaned up more doggie do in the last 24hrs than I have in 2 years.

PLUS!!!

Its raining. So outside is a muddy mess.

37781 - 37800 of 39037 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.