LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 0130 hours, I am coming home with my girlfriend from my friend's 4th of July party. We were on a double lane stretch of road and the speed limit is 35 mph. As we are passing the Shell gas station on my right, there is a Pontiac Sunfire waiting to pull out. As we are going by the car, the people in the Sunfire are staring at my car. They immediately accelerate quickly and pull up along the left side of my car. The car has two people in the front that looked 18 or so, and a girl behind the passenger that looked the same age. The driver starts honking at me, then pulls away from me quickly as if trying to bait me to race. My girlfriend says to me "What the heck is he doing trying to race us?" I say to her, it is not worth it and they are just being morons. About ten seconds later the driver hits the brakes and slows down in the left lane until we catch up. I look over at a**clown and he is accelerating and slowing down repeatedly still trying to get me to race. So finally he guns it and takes off. He then comes up quick on a car in front of him, then suddenly changes lanes last second into the right lane. The car that he passed turns off at the next street on the left. My girlfriend jokingly says "Flash your badge at him." I had no intention to because I just want to get home, but hey I'll have fun and scare the little bastard anyway. So I am approaching moron that is stopped in the right lane. So I changed lanes, and slowly pull up in next to him. I roll the passenger window down, and all three people are in the Sunfire looking at me, and the driver is just glaring and smirking at my car. I hold up my badge and yelled "Boy did you pick the wrong car to try and race. State Police. What are you trying to get someone killed? How would you like me to mail you a $500.00 dollar citation for racing and there does not need to be a prior agreement between operators, along with a $250.00 citation for speeding? Smarten up Moron!!!!" All the while I am saying this, my girlfriend is facing me and cracking up laughing. I had all I could do to keep a straight face. Speaking of facial expressions, the drivers face went stone cold scared and straight forward, he got what I call the "Rigor Mortus pose." Everyone else faced forward and did not move. When the light changed to green, he took the right turn about 2 miles an hour. We both started laughing hard out loud. That was fun. :gr_jest:

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
I hold up my badge and yelled "Boy did you pick the wrong car to try and race. State Police.
I've always wanted to do that. :cool:

Padre

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
TprGTO said:
About 0130 hours, I am coming home with my girlfriend from my friend's 4th of July party. We were on a double lane stretch of road and the speed limit is 35 mph. As we are passing the Shell gas station on my right, there is a Pontiac Sunfire waiting to pull out. As we are going by the car, the people in the Sunfire are staring at my car. They immediately accelerate quickly and pull up along the left side of my car. The car has two people in the front that looked 18 or so, and a girl behind the passenger that looked the same age. The driver starts honking at me, then pulls away from me quickly as if trying to bait me to race. My girlfriend says to me "What the heck is he doing trying to race us?" I say to her, it is not worth it and they are just being morons. About ten seconds later the driver hits the brakes and slows down in the left lane until we catch up. I look over at a**clown and he is accelerating and slowing down repeatedly still trying to get me to race. So finally he guns it and takes off. He then comes up quick on a car in front of him, then suddenly changes lanes last second into the right lane. The car that he passed turns off at the next street on the left. My girlfriend jokingly says "Flash your badge at him." I had no intention to because I just want to get home, but hey I'll have fun and scare the little bastard anyway. So I am approaching moron that is stopped in the right lane. So I changed lanes, and slowly pull up in next to him. I roll the passenger window down, and all three people are in the Sunfire looking at me, and the driver is just glaring and smirking at my car. I hold up my badge and yelled "Boy did you pick the wrong car to try and race. State Police. What are you trying to get someone killed? How would you like me to mail you a $500.00 dollar citation for racing and there does not need to be a prior agreement between operators, along with a $250.00 citation for speeding? Smarten up Moron!!!!" All the while I am saying this, my girlfriend is facing me and cracking up laughing. I had all I could do to keep a straight face. Speaking of facial expressions, the drivers face went stone cold scared and straight forward, he got what I call the "Rigor Mortus pose." Everyone else faced forward and did not move. When the light changed to green, he took the right turn about 2 miles an hour. We both started laughing hard out loud. That was fun. :gr_jest:
That is funny but NOT nice.....ok ok so he deserved it......

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
Dbluegoat said:
That is funny but NOT nice.....ok ok so he deserved it......
You are wrong... not only was it nice, it was sweet! :judge:

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Oh, man, I love it love it love it. I bet we have ALL wished we had blue lights and a badge at one time or another. Great work, TprGTO. I sure wish we could follow up with this kid and find out what an impact your warning made. One thing for sure, he won't forget YOUR car. ;)

·
IXLR8
476 Posts
Man, that is BS. All the talk about racing and having fun on here and you go scaring the crap out of some kids. I know because I had a cop do the same crap to me. I pulled up next to a cobra on the freeway and tried to get him to go. He wouldnt and followed me off the exit. He pulled his badge on me and I told him to shove it up his @ss. Now whether I would have been that ****y without my brother in the car(significant pull with Law enforcement)is yet to be determined. I can see the humor in it, dont get me wrong, I just dont agree with it.

I forgot to mention that I had seen the same Cobra participating in street racing and the general scene...

So I guess if your a saint and have never raced anyone in your car then you had every right to do it.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
WKDWS6 said:
Man, that is BS. .

Got to dissagree with you here. TPR denied the run fair and square and the kid just kept at him. He also pulled a few A-hole moves to gode TPR into running aginst a car that isn't worthy of running aginst a neon.

Nice Kill TPR.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
i agree with 68,
if you read TPRs other posts you will see that he when is challenged he does not take them. that kid got everything he deserved.

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WKDWS6 said:
Man, that is BS. All the talk about racing and having fun on here and you go scaring the crap out of some kids. I know because I had a cop do the same crap to me. I pulled up next to a cobra on the freeway and tried to get him to go. He wouldnt and followed me off the exit. He pulled his badge on me and I told him to shove it up his @ss. Now whether I would have been that ****y without my brother in the car(significant pull with Law enforcement)is yet to be determined. I can see the humor in it, dont get me wrong, I just dont agree with it.

I forgot to mention that I had seen the same Cobra participating in street racing and the general scene...

So I guess if your a saint and have never raced anyone in your car then you had every right to do it.
WKDWS6,
You should conduct your research and read my posts prior to writing a response. You say a cop did the same thing to you. Number one, do not generalize all police because of one incident you are recalling from your past. Secondly, my racing was at the TRACK, under proper conditions, not on the street. Finally, NO, I have not raced anyone on the street with my GTO.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
He pulled his badge on me and I told him to shove it up his @ss. Now whether I would have been that ****y without my brother in the car(significant pull with Law enforcement)is yet to be determined
this was not a smart idea. i dont care if your brother is the mayor your stinking town, if you tell a cop something like that you better be expecting a ticket.
you should also remember that if your brother really does "have significant pull w/ law enforcement" that your actions will reflect badly on him, and make him look a major @$$.

think about. its one thing for your brother to ask "can you get my brother out of of a speed ticket?"
its quite another thing to ask "can you get my brother out of a ticket, he told the cop to stick up his @$$?"

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
this was not a smart idea. i dont care if your brother is the mayor your stinking town, if you tell a cop something like that you better be expecting a ticket.
you should also remember that if your brother really does "have significant pull w/ law enforcement" that your actions will reflect badly on him, and make him look a major @$$.

think about. its one thing for your brother to ask "can you get my brother out of of a speed ticket?"
its quite another thing to ask "can you get my brother out of a ticket, he told the cop to stick up his @$$?"
We have a "supercop" in Cleveland whose list of movers and shakers he's ticketed is legendary, including a billionaire's girlfriend with the billionaire in the car behind her. If you're connected, better tell the judge, cause he ain't buyin it. Some of the other cops don't like him, but they all respect him.

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
What's sad is that I just tried to find a picture of a 9-year old girl that I buried in El Paso a couple of years ago. Killed by a couple of fellows from Ft. Bliss street racing in their pathetic Hondas. I used to have the pic, but the El Paso Times has it buried now in their archives. Keyla Fuentes was her name. Try consoling the family.

We need more troopers who like to put a little fear of God (or least fear of the law) into young stupid kids.

We also need more of what we had in El Paso: the street-scene worked with the police to find legal venues for their cruising, the kids policed themselves for the privilege to hang out at the cruises, and local merchants supported them. They also convinced the owner of a local private airport to allow races there once a week. Kids got it out of their system and drove home at the speed limit. Death rates related to street racing dropped significantly.

Some of you may have seen my video of my recent racing in El Paso. Aside from fun, I had a secondary motive: I'm sharing it with our local law enforcement to see if we can come up with something for our kids in this college town. I have plenty of influence with my local law enforcement, and I intend to use it to keep people from dying, not to get me out of a ticket.

Padre

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
PadreGTO said:
I have plenty of influence with my local law enforcement, and I intend to use it to keep people from dying, not to get me out of a ticket.
I admire you more and more everyday... way to get it done! :cool:

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Very well spoken PadreGTO.

·
DOG
626 Posts
Huntress said:
I admire you more and more everyday... way to get it done! :cool:
Of course getting out of the ticket doesn't hurt either :)

Seriously, my opinions on street racing aside, this is awesome.

As one of the few members who openly condones street racing, I'll say that is something like the airport deal was available to me locally, I'd be VERY much against dropping it on the street. The problem here is the only local track is not very friendly all the time, and their open time is limited.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Padre,

That is very simmilar to the way we used to run in Florida. We policed our selves and there were a few officers that quietly suported us. In the three or four years I ran with those guys there was not one accident or injury among our group. We were shut down after a couple kids weaving in and out of trafic on a friday afternoon lost controll and killed 5 people. They were in an area that we did not use. The local paper splashed "Drag Racers Kill 5" accross the paper and we were done. Clamp down.

Everyone: You are very lucky to have a place to run if you do. Treat it and everyone there with respect. Play nice.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts