LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Got da Goat
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any you CA GTO owners taken online traffic school? If so, which website did you go through?

69 in a 50. :judge:

·
Loves Lowjo
2,401 Posts
I did gototrafficschool.com (well it was a while ago but that looks like it).

Meh, it was easy. I got nailed with 80 in 55 outside Turlock. Course, I was really spinning 100ish, but the cop only saw the 80... He was nice and knocked it down to 70, saving me probably 20-40 bucks on the citation. I didn't even try arguing with him, I felt lucky he only clocked me at 80, lol.

·
Got da Goat
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, mine was really 70+ in a 45, but the guy was cool. From when I was pulled over to when I turned the car back on was probably around 6ish minutes. Guess I used my free pass when I was doing 90 on HWY 50 in the carpool lane with only me in the car. Thank you CHP!

So what do I do? Pay my fine, take the class and then go to court with the certificate?

·
714 Posts
Yeah, mine was really 70+ in a 45, but the guy was cool. From when I was pulled over to when I turned the car back on was probably around 6ish minutes. Guess I used my free pass when I was doing 90 on HWY 50 in the carpool lane with only me in the car. Thank you CHP!

So what do I do? Pay my fine, take the class and then go to court with the certificate?
Pay the ticket, then they'll send you something in the mail with all the traffic school locations, including a very long list of websites (online traffic school) that they accept.

·
Loves Lowjo
2,401 Posts
Yeah, you get something in the mail with the info and it tells you how much to pay. The online schools have a courtesy where you take the test and they transfer your passing grade to the local courthouse, so really, you just pay for the ticket, pay for online school, study the courses, take the online test, and you're pretty much done.

Def a chunk out of your fun money for mods, but at least you can do it at home in your underwear and don't burn a saturday going out to the real classes. :drink:

·
Got da Goat
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
True. Luckily it's not taking a ton of the fun money as I'm getting an unexpected large quantity back from the Fed.

·
New home track: Nürburgring
3,590 Posts
Just FYI, don't get a ticket in Santa Clara county. IIRC, you can ONLY attend their specific online traffic school, and you have to take the test in person. It's not as easy as all the other online traffic schools to say the least. Not sure if this has changed over the years, but last time I had to do it sucked. :(

·
Registered
543 Posts
Here is my experience. Make sure you read the steps carefully when paying your ticket / registering for traffic school. My ticket was through Salano county, I opted to pay the ticket online and take the traffic school online as well. On their website, you have to click an oddball link that says Register for Traffic school, and it makes you pay a fee of like 15 dollars, this is not the same as your traffic school payment. So I did my class, it says it automatically transmits your certificate of completion to the court. I notice in the next few days that my traffic fine I paid was kicked back to my account. I call them back (after the time to take the traffic school has been passed) and they say since I did not pay the traffic school registration fee (mind you this is through the court, not your traffic school) my certificate was void. Then she said I would take the hit on my liscense and would have to appear in court, blah blah. Eventually I was able to send her the account history showing that I did in fact try to take care of the ticket, and she extended the period for me to take traffic school, took it again and ticket was taken care of. I was out the money I initially paid for my traffic school (the actual fee you have to pay to the traffic school you take)

Sorry for the long story, but I hope it saves you some trouble. Also another thing of note, when you're reading the traffic school text they throw in oddball crap that is actual test questions, to make sure you are reading the text. Example:

You must signal x amount of feet before making a right turn. Jerry likes to wear pink butterfly underwear. Pedestrians have the right of way....etc etc

Sucks, but the test isnt so bad because you can take it as many times as you need. I finished my traffic school in about 3 hours. Good luck, hope this helps.

·
Got da Goat
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I finished my traffic school just now. I went through GoToTrafficSchool.com, pretty painless. I would refer them to anyone.

Glad that shit is done with.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I just got a ticket on the way back from DMS Day luckily he didn't clock me since I just finished a 3-4th gear WOT lol. He gave me a 70 in 65 and I lucked out that I still have my GTO. Ticket was only $188 and then I am awaiting the list of traffic school places. How much is traffic school usually? Hopefully I can keep my first ticket below $250 cost (ticket and school)

·
Got da Goat
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GoToTrafficSchool was $19 for me. I'm sure there's some cheaper ones, but I liked their layout the best.

·
Gus from SJ!
156 Posts
i went to driversed.com/trafficschool...........i had a 78 in 65 not too bad

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
yes i remember paying twice for the right to go to traffic school, first to the court and then to the school itself. should be under $250.

·
Mirage Representative
791 Posts
They're all pretty much the same, a bunch of reading to do over a few pages and take a test at the end. I believe the test is linked from your traffic school to the California/NTSA official site where you take the actual test. I "helped" Oxana with her test, since she doesn't read and understand English all that well, and got a 95%. Best thing about it was that I didn't even take the time to read over the stuff.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I got my list of traffic schools today and gototrafficschool.com was on the list. How are the information given? Are they videos you can watch online or whats the deal because if it's just a website and they are webpages I will just copy and paste the text into a word document.

How long does it usually take and can you do like hour sections?

·
Got da Goat
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got my list of traffic schools today and gototrafficschool.com was on the list. How are the information given? Are they videos you can watch online or whats the deal because if it's just a website and they are webpages I will just copy and paste the text into a word document.

How long does it usually take and can you do like hour sections?
There are 16 sections, each has a few questions after the end of a section. Some are short, some are long. I'd say 30 minutes for the longer ones. Some of them have video. The 17th "section" is actually the final test. 25 questions with you needing to get 20 or more right to pass. You can take it as many times as you need.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
So in all probably a days worth doing it? They don't care how many times it takes to pass it? just as long as you pass?

·
Got da Goat
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So in all probably a days worth doing it? They don't care how many times it takes to pass it? just as long as you pass?
Yeah. I think I spread it over 2 days. Sections 1-6, then 7-17. The only way you fail is if you don't finish the whole thing within 25 days.

The first day I started I only did six sections because I was watching the Flyers playoff hockey. :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts