LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going for a ride one early morning in the Great One, and I pulled up behind a top-of-the-line S-class mercedes at a stop light. I really diddn't pay too much attention to it, until when the light turned green, he took off like a BAT OUT OF HELL! Apparently I wasn't paying attention to him, but I sure attracted his attention. Well, I came up behind him again at the next stoplight and noticed that this wasn't any mercedes, this was an AMG S-class mercedes I.E. 400HP+! Well, the light turned green again, and once again, he took off like a bat out of hell, This thing was FAST! After the second slap in the face, I decided this was enough!

We both merged onto the freeway and he pulls out right away in the fast lane, I'm in 2nd from the left, and here he goes again. I opened up those CANNON-SIZED secondaries on that quadrajet (you guys probably have no idea what I'm talking about), the entire car twisted to the left and I (admittedly slowly) pulled away from him & left him to smell my fumes (which those non-catalytic cars produce a lot of). I diddn't slow down until I ran up on traffic (and I'm glad I did, because I was tach'd out at 5000 RPM @ 130 MPH!--He would have blown by me at that point!).

Then, I look over at this guy as he pulls up in the FAST lane (HA!) and let him go by (he was running about 85-90 on the freeway, and that's not something you do in classic muscle!). Well I moved ahead of him in my lane to pass slower traffic in the fast lane, and hops behind me, and guess what he does! As soon as the fast lane clears, I see him WOT again trying to prove a point!

This time I'm ready for him, and what do I do? Open up those monster secondaries, twist up the body and I'm 3 feet off of his rear bumper right up to 100 when we encountered traffic.....

SOME PEOPLE JUST DON'T LEARN!!!!!!!

I thought y'all might enjoy some stories from the classic muscle guys too!

:p

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
nice :thumbs: :thumbs:

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
:D

I'm assuming you were in the '69 GTO. I would have loved to have seen that. "American Muscle" Well done!

:D

·
4L60E+moded ls1+saudi = bad
710 Posts
nice run, AMG guys just dont get it tell you show them some american flame :D

we own them :drink:

·
9 Second Club
14,778 Posts
I opened up those CANNON-SIZED secondaries on that quadrajet (you guys probably have no idea what I'm talking about)I thought y'all might enjoy some stories from the classic muscle guys too! :p
Great post aaah I miss opening the needles and twisting them til it stumbled then backing up three one half turns. Three one half turns fixed everything. Stopping them was a biatch though. Course I only had a 66.

Chit I was wondering what brought BBD out

Attachments

·
'06 PBM M6 1of 803
1,136 Posts
I was going for a ride one early morning in the Great One, and I pulled up behind a top-of-the-line S-class mercedes at a stop light. I really diddn't pay too much attention to it, until when the light turned green, he took off like a BAT OUT OF HELL! Apparently I wasn't paying attention to him, but I sure attracted his attention. Well, I came up behind him again at the next stoplight and noticed that this wasn't any mercedes, this was an AMG S-class mercedes I.E. 400HP+! Well, the light turned green again, and once again, he took off like a bat out of hell, This thing was FAST! After the second slap in the face, I decided this was enough!

We both merged onto the freeway and he pulls out right away in the fast lane, I'm in 2nd from the left, and here he goes again. I opened up those CANNON-SIZED secondaries on that quadrajet (you guys probably have no idea what I'm talking about), the entire car twisted to the left and I (admittedly slowly) pulled away from him & left him to smell my fumes (which those non-catalytic cars produce a lot of). I diddn't slow down until I ran up on traffic (and I'm glad I did, because I was tach'd out at 5000 RPM @ 130 MPH!--He would have blown by me at that point!).

Then, I look over at this guy as he pulls up in the FAST lane (HA!) and let him go by (he was running about 85-90 on the freeway, and that's not something you do in classic muscle!). Well I moved ahead of him in my lane to pass slower traffic in the fast lane, and hops behind me, and guess what he does! As soon as the fast lane clears, I see him WOT again trying to prove a point!

This time I'm ready for him, and what do I do? Open up those monster secondaries, twist up the body and I'm 3 feet off of his rear bumper right up to 100 when we encountered traffic.....

SOME PEOPLE JUST DON'T LEARN!!!!!!!

I thought y'all might enjoy some stories from the classic muscle guys too!

:p

My very first car... '69 Goat. Yum. Good reading! Now please rebury this coffin of an old post...

·
So it goes.
6,899 Posts
Great story, damn good kill, and yes I know exactly how badass it feels when those secondaries open up and it is torquetastic

edit ha I didn't even look at the date

·
Registered
253 Posts
you did not state which newer "S" class AMG. there are two. S63 and S65 , the later 65 with over 600bhp, twin turbo V12 and the later with 507 bhp, 6.2 litre V8, mercedes rounded out the badge to 6.3 And also the standard/ non-AMG S-class hot rod> S600 which has a 510 bhp twin turbo V8. The older "S" class ANG pre-2007, had S55 on them and a Kompressor badge on the sides, this one made 469 bhp.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts