LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm a newbie to these forums, just got my GTO last week! Turned in my '02 Z28 for an Impulse Blue Metallic 6M GTO! I love this car!

Anyways, I was wondering if there are any other GTO owners in the Orange County area? I live in Lake Forest. Thinking about going down to Fuddruckers tomorrow night (every Tuesday is Cruise Night over there). I'm hoping I can find a local GTO owner who has done some exhaust mods? I like the sound of the stock system, but I like it a little more aggressive...

Hope to see some fellow GTO owners around soon!

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
I'm just up the road a bit from you in Downey. :secret:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went to the Fuddruckers car show last night. Took my GTO and my brother's C4 Vette. Got lots of looks with the GTO! :) As I was coming out of Fuddruckers after eating, there was a blue GTO just leaving the parking lot...my brother said he had driven by my car and then drove out. I think it was the car that Nabers Cadillac/Pontiac/GMC had, I saw it on the lot last week...had aftermarket chrome wheels and IBM with Blue interior.

Also saw a Silver GTO on way to work this morning, not sure if the driver saw me or not...those are the first two other GTOs I have seen on the road around here...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm in the OC too

Hi there,

I'm in the OC as well (Aliso Viejo), and it looks like we have the identical cars. I got the IBM and Grey leather, 6 speed.

Perhaps we'll hook up at fuddruckers sometime.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, I look forward to it Bill (I take it that's your name?) :) The Fuddruckers show is very cool, some nice cars there. Have you done any performance mods to your GTO yet? I'm hoping to check out other guys' cars before I do a lot...

BillTheCat said:
Hi there,

I'm in the OC as well (Aliso Viejo), and it looks like we have the identical cars. I got the IBM and Grey leather, 6 speed.

Perhaps we'll hook up at fuddruckers sometime.

·
Registered
494 Posts
kpanza said:
Cool, I look forward to it Bill (I take it that's your name?) :) The Fuddruckers show is very cool, some nice cars there. Have you done any performance mods to your GTO yet? I'm hoping to check out other guys' cars before I do a lot...
I'm up in the desert, Apple Valley. I also have an Impulse Blue 6spd. Not many GTO's up here.

·
Sensible Contributor
1,439 Posts
I watched OC the other night, I didn't see any GTO's

·
71-GTO
220 Posts
I don't live in O.C. but work there (and drive my GTO daily) work off Bake and Muirlands. What time do you guys go to Frudruckers? I have thought about bringing my old GTO to Frudruckers. Anyway, if you see a red/red GTO around it's probably me.

Tom :driving:

·
Registered
24 Posts
GTO-TOM said:
I don't live in O.C. but work there (and drive my GTO daily) work off Bake and Muirlands. What time do you guys go to Frudruckers? I have thought about bringing my old GTO to Frudruckers. Anyway, if you see a red/red GTO around it's probably me.

Tom :driving:
Tom,

Tuesday nights are hot-rod nights at the fuddruckers and I think everthing happens around 5-ish through about 9-ish if memory serves. I'll not be making it this week though as my car goes into the shop in the AM to be repaired from vandalism. :banghead:

Maybe next time!

·
Heading to the US
10 Posts
Hey I'll be arriving in LA on Sunday and staying in Anaheim for 2 weeks before I head off to Vegas. I'd like to check out some of your GTO's while Im here and was wondering how I would get to this Fuddruckers place from Anaheim. I'll probably head down on Tuesday the 21st as I wont have a car the first Tuesday Im here. Will you guys be there then? Also is there any other meets in the area worth checking out?

Cheers.

Mark.

·
71-GTO
220 Posts
I am taking a class at Irvine Valley College on Tuesdays @ 6pm so it kind of limits me to being there long, but I might stop by for a few minutes if others are there.

Tom :cool:

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
We should all plan on one night and show up. We'd have a section of '04 GTO's to show off. :hail:

·
71-GTO
220 Posts
I am good for the 14th or 21st. Maybe we should make it the 21st so that RiCeY can possibly go.

Tom :cool:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That would be cool if we all met there. I may go tonight, but not sure what time I can get out of work...and my softball league starts back up tonight as well...so woudn't be there for long if I go...and my car needs a wash! :rolleyes:

I could do the 14th, but I'll be on the Rubicon Trail on the 21st for some offroading in the K5... :)

·
Heading to the US
10 Posts
Yes if you make it the 21st I'll definately be there. Well it doesnt have to be the 21st, any time between the 17th and the 25th is good :D

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Any of you guys have any exhaust mods? Or any other mods? I just got mine two weeks ago, but I want to hear some different exhaust systems to see what sounds the best if I can. I just want some more sound inside the car, it's a little on the quiet side for me (used to my Z28 I guess)...

I'm thinking maybe just some mufflers, since a whole catback seems like a waste of money for the 10 or so horsepower gain...just want a meaner, louder sound that what it already is... :)

·
Registered
24 Posts

·
Heading to the US
10 Posts
Thanks for the directions :)

I'll be in town from the 12th Sept till 25th Sept but dont get the rental car till the 17th. So if a day other than a Tuesday, on or after the 17th, would suit better Im flexible :D

I'll bring some Monaro badges for your cars as well hahaha

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
I know Frudruckers well! I had the goat at the All Pontiac Car Show earlier this year. I can pop down on the 21st if you all want to show up in force. That would be awesome to have a herd of goats grazing in the parking lot.

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
1 - 20 of 72 Posts