LS1GTO.com Forums banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Just a Truck
1,186 Posts
hey congratulations! i cant wait to see these shadow chrome wheels! i may have to order a pair just to have them!

todd

·
Registered
922 Posts
Oh man, I would be such a little kid if I had to wait for my car this long. You have an 04 though to hold you, it's not like your driving a Chevette until the 06 arrives.

·
Finally...Back to sea!!!
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
SixPointOh said:
How about a few more tidbits about your wheels? Did an internet search on option P40 and came up with this bulletin about Production News. Two thirds down the page shows the GTO delivery lead times along with any production hold ups. This may be the first place to see when the wheel becomes available (of course if the page is updated in a timely fashion). Anyway, great choice for your car and it will be well worth the wait. :thumbs:

http://www.arifleet.com/production.html
Thanks for the info. I just wish I could find a picture somewhere, anywhere. Thanks again, Brian

·
Finally...Back to sea!!!
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
vtodd82 said:
i cant wait to see these shadow chrome wheels!
Yeah me too...:gr_jest: :gr_jest: :gr_jest: Thanks for the support!!!

Five minutes after I posted this I got a call from my salesguy that the P40 wheels are no longer on constraint. I should get an update beyond 1100/1101 next Tuesday. Maybe even a TPW. Now, I'm getting a little excited!!!

·
Registered
346 Posts

·
Finally...Back to sea!!!
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Something Other Than 1100...

...Yeah...finally some code other than 1100. I called today and was told I'm now 2050. I saw 2030 and 2040 on the guide from another thread, but no 2050. Anyone help me out here? Oh I know, I bet it's the secret LS7 option code:gr_jest: ...don't I wish...that would be too sweet!!! Any/all help ia greatly appreciated. Now I just need a TPW and I'll be set.:angel:

·
Finally...Back to sea!!!
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
3800 and got a VIN today...tic toc tic toc...

·
Finally...Back to sea!!!
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Well, I found out yesterday that they made a mistake or their was a foul up in the system or whatever...bottom line, I am not 3800 with a VIN, but 3000 with a TPW of 5/8/2006. So, I figure I'll have my car just in time for the Fall. Minor setback, but oh well. Can I be frozen until mid August just in time for delivery?:D :D

·
1 of 262
10,312 Posts
GumbyGoat said:
Well, I found out yesterday that they made a mistake or their was a foul up in the system or whatever...bottom line, I am not 3800 with a VIN, but 3000 with a TPW of 5/8/2006. So, I figure I'll have my car just in time for the Fall. Minor setback, but oh well. Can I be frozen until mid August just in time for delivery?:D :D
Get your deposit back and find the car using gmbuypower.com. You will be able to inspect each one you look at and not be waiting for a car with possible paint defects.

·
Finally...Back to sea!!!
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Jontall said:
Get your deposit back and find the car using gmbuypower.com. You will be able to inspect each one you look at and not be waiting for a car with possible paint defects.
The wait doesn't really bother me and I haven't heard of any defects on the Torrid Red. Besides, the dealer is selling the car to me at invoice with any applicable rebates at the time of delivery. I don't get the impression they are screwing with me, just a minor setback. They have done right by be on two other vehicle purchases, so I'm not pissed, just a little disappointed.

·
Finally...Back to sea!!!
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Got an update today. Moved from 3000 to 3100. My TPW also moved back a week to 5/1/06 from 5/8/06. Anyone else who ordered recently have a TPW later than that? Man this is taking forever. I know, I know quit your bitchin, I already have one...shutting up now!!!:gr_jest: :thumbs:

·
Finally...Back to sea!!!
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Alright guys, I need some help here. I went to my dealer to get an update expecting to get a 3300 and instead I got a new TPW of 5/15/06. This is the third change to my TPW since I ordered Jan. 23rd. The first TPW was 5/8/06, then it went to 5/1/06. Now it's 5/15/06. Has then happened to anyone else? Can anyone shed some light on why this happened? Any help is appreciated. Initially I was pissed, but when I walked out to the parking lot and drove my 04 home after leaving a little bit of my tires at the dealership, I felt better.:thumbs: Thanks in advance for the help, Brian

·
Registered
375 Posts
GumbyGoat said:
Alright guys, I need some help here. I went to my dealer to get an update expecting to get a 3300 and instead I got a new TPW of 5/15/06. This is the third change to my TPW since I ordered Jan. 23rd. The first TPW was 5/8/06, then it went to 5/1/06. Now it's 5/15/06. Has then happened to anyone else? Can anyone shed some light on why this happened? Any help is appreciated. Initially I was pissed, but when I walked out to the parking lot and drove my 04 home after leaving a little bit of my tires at the dealership, I felt better.:thumbs: Thanks in advance for the help, Brian
Gumby - I can't offer any help - just my story - mine has been sitting in California on a ship since it's 4/18 arrival.

·
bmackenn
747 Posts
18" wheels

when i bought my gto, i purchased 18" wheels. they had to order the wheels. i dropped off the car for other service and the tires were in. when i picked the car up they had 18" rims but were chrome. i know they were suppose to be painted. i thank them and took the car home. these wheels are the same as the painted 18" but with chrome. not bad for 495 dollar option!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Jontall said:

What's this about the paint defects? About two months ago I was on the verge of purchasing a BOM with a build date of Nov. 5. After they washed the car for me to take home, we discovered some horrible looking browinish smudge marks under the clear in about 3 different places. It looked like they maybe had some bad paint or got water in it or something. Not sure, I am waiting on the next one, it was at 3550 last week. Sigh.:drink:

·
Omertà
5,288 Posts
CrazyAL said:
What's this about the paint defects? About two months ago I was on the verge of purchasing a BOM with a build date of Nov. 5. After they washed the car for me to take home, we discovered some horrible looking browinish smudge marks under the clear in about 3 different places. It looked like they maybe had some bad paint or got water in it or something. Not sure, I am waiting on the next one, it was at 3550 last week. Sigh.:drink:
I bought a BOM 3/25/06. Same situation, after washing for delivery...there were brownish smudge marks around the car. Pontiac issued a "memo' about this. Apparently, the Aussies placed the protective white shipping wrap on the cars too soon after painting. Anyway, the problem is with moisture build-up under the clear coat. Easy fix though...they placed my car in the bake booth for a couple hours and the moisture dried up & the brownish marks have disappeared. This problem is not on just the BOM...but all colors.:patriot:

·
Registered
178 Posts
BRAZEN06GTO said:
I bought a BOM 3/25/06. Same situation, after washing for delivery...there were brownish smudge marks around the car. Pontiac issued a "memo' about this. Apparently, the Aussies placed the protective white shipping wrap on the cars too soon after painting. Anyway, the problem is with moisture build-up under the clear coat. Easy fix though...they placed my car in the bake booth for a couple hours and the moisture dried up & the brownish marks have disappeared. This problem is not on just the BOM...but all colors.:patriot:

That's very interesting. Too bad my local dealer didn't know that it was easy to fix. They sent it to the body shop and had about 3/4 of the car repainted. I'm sure they did a good job, but it's just the fact that it had to be repainted straight from the factory that made me want to wait on the next one. If they would have just baked it, I wouldn't have had any problems with buying it. Oh well, the next one will be here eventually.

·
Registered
553 Posts
My dealer called today and said that my TPW got moved to 5-8-06 (was 4-23-06). Didn't offer any explanation as to why the delay. If I had to bet, I would guess parts of some sort.

·
Finally...Back to sea!!!
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
KWBSales said:
My dealer called today and said that my TPW got moved to 5-8-06 (was 4-23-06). Didn't offer any explanation as to why the delay. If I had to bet, I would guess parts of some sort.
If it takes too much longer it will be a 2007. And they said there was no 2007...:gr_jest: :gr_jest: :gr_jest:

They're gettin the final parts for the LS7.....

·
Finally...Back to sea!!!
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Hopefully my TPW (5/15/06) will not be moved again. Anyone know how long it takes to produce 1 car on the line? Just curious. Based on everything I've seen here, time wise, I expect to take delivery sometime in August. We shall see.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts