LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well today i am ordering my non-genuine 427 black tail lights from aussiegto.
they are $310US, which includes insurance and shipping from florida. this price is not the cheapest i have found. but i figured the extra money was worth it since they will be shipped from florida instead of OZ.

aussiegto is really great guy. he sent me a ton of pics which show very defintivly the difference between the genuine and non-genuine 427s. i would post the pics, but since they are not mine i would not want to do without his permission. aussiegto does have a website but i wont even bother posting it since they are sort of competitor to this site and our vendors. ;)
if you want more info PM me or aussiegto.
i should have them by next weekend. i will post pics. :)

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
cool you finally are getting them.......nice choice

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dbluegoat said:
cool you finally are getting them.......nice choice
yup, i was very impressed by aussiegtos service. i am thinking about buying the short throw from his as well, when i am ready to buy.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, here are some great pics that really show the difference between the genuine 427s and the replicas. i got these from aussiegto. contact him for more info :)

·
23 psi
510 Posts
Those look great on a black car....I may have to look into those in the future. Nice!

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i missed the fedex guy today.:( they should be tomorrow. i will install and take pics. cant wait

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
i missed the fedex guy today.:(
you loser! how could you...... :gr_jest: :gr_jest:

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i finally caught up with fedex yesterday and got my lights
they are AWESOME. installation is fairly simple with the supplied wiring harness.
here are some pics with the original on the left side and the 427s on the right.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks guys,
i think they increase the stealth factor of the black GTO. the stock tail lights are big and red all over. these are mostly black. and some chrome. i really like them.

·
grinning ever since...
452 Posts
Thank you for taking pics with both types of lights on your car... it really helped to see the difference. Aesthetically, the 427 lights are sweet (as my daughter says).

Cheers..

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Looks good D7, is there a price diferance between the copies and the originals?

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sxty8goats said:
Looks good D7, is there a price diferance between the copies and the originals?
thanks 68
yeah, there is price difference.
the copies (burg design i believe) will around ~$250-$300US
the genuines will run around ~$450-$500US

·
Great Lakes Moderator
2,358 Posts
Look good on a black GTO!!! I think they might look a little to rice-y on a impulse blue one though... thanks for all the pics! (man, i miss Avanti's food...)

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
BowdawG said:
Look good on a black GTO!!! I think they might look a little to rice-y on a impulse blue one though... thanks for all the pics! (man, i miss Avanti's food...)
haha,small world. im two doors down from avantis. i smell the pizza all the time :) . good italian food at a cheap price. cant beat it.
thanks for the compliments.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts