LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thought crossed my mind, so I thought I would start a thread to see who bought their 2004 - 2006 GTO new and still has it. Mine has 56k on it. So post up if you are in this group.

·
Neat Freak
331 Posts
Bought new in April 2005, currently has approx.12,800 miles

·
Is that FWD?
1,008 Posts
I bought my GTO in March of 2004 currently has 27,500 miles. Mine has October 03 build date. I have one of the earliest built.

·
1 of 40,757
6,225 Posts
October 2006 Los Angeles. Didn’t test drive it.
I remember trying to decide between a phantom grey, torrid red and quick “find a tree or fence” silver metallic. I chose qsm because it would blend in with the other hundred million grey and silver cars when driving like an idiot.
Up to 78,000 miles. Been installing a clutch, driveshaft and some more bushings... for 2 years.

·
WOODWARDSGTO
460 Posts
Still have mine 3 - 20- 2007 miles on it today are 7043.
I took my grandson to his 1st day of preschool in the GTO And he still remembers that day. He is 16 now and graduates in 2 years and he wants to drive himself to his last day of school. That's not going to happen!!
I let him drive it but I will be right next to him.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Actually this duplicates a long-running sticky thread in the Lounge-
https://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=606314
Yeah, but it is in the Lounge which is full of badda-bing types

Well anyway, Bought late Nov. 2004 during the fire sale. Had 28miles as it need to be driven from another dealer 54379 miles as of today.
Used to track it a bit in 2005, 2006, 2007 then work changed so minimal driving time. Mostly garage queen the previous ten years.
Done some work to it. Always doing a little this and that.
Relatively trouble free car. Loads of quirks though.
Oh I am 54. This is the only new car I have ever purchased.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great responses. Looks like we are all over the USA. So far it looks like I have the most miles. So ........ how old is everyone? I'm 72 and still mashing the pedal.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Great responses. Looks like we are all over the USA. So far it looks like I have the most miles. So ........ how old is everyone? I'm 72 and still mashing the pedal.
WOW, I always thought I might be the oldest here at 68!

·
Is that FWD?
1,008 Posts
I am 42, bought GTO new when I was 27. Growing up in Detroit my dad and all my uncles had old school chevelle's, nova's, impala, road runners, hemi cuda, camaros, old GTO's, etc. I always wanted muscle car and my GTO might of been new school to them, but they all still love my GTO.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts