LS1GTO.com Forums banner

21 - 40 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Bought mine Sept 04 when there
was a big rebate. Just turned 40 that summer and completed my MBA, so I wanted to reward myself. Wanted a performance car to actually drive, instead of worrying about my 67 Firebird. Put 40k in 4 years, then took it easy. 78k now.
Just had the SAP grilles, fascia and Banshee hood installed.
Proudly shares the garage with the Firebird.

Attachments

·
Yes my name is Holden
427 Posts
Am I qualified for this group?

Greetings guys; I hope I qualify for this group. I purchased mine December of 06 with 4000 miles on it as GM had titled it. So am I a first owner or not? At first I thought it had been in the train wreck? It was built in June of 05 & I have learned that the train wreck was prior to that date? Anyway it's got 41,000 on it now. And I plan to attend the "Slay the Dragon" this coming October. And hope to attend the Goat Run 2020 if the event is held again. I have a Holden nose arriving soon for a new look. A dream I've had ever since I purchased it. With a name like mine it just seems right? Ole' Bob.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
36,116 Posts
Greetings guys; I hope I qualify for this group. I purchased mine December of 06 with 4000 miles on it as GM had titled it. So am I a first owner or not? At first I thought it had been in the train wreck? It was built in June of 05 & I have learned that the train wreck was prior to that date? Anyway it's got 41,000 on it now. And I plan to attend the "Slay the Dragon" this coming October. And hope to attend the Goat Run 2020 if the event is held again. I have a Holden nose arriving soon for a new look. A dream I've had ever since I purchased it. With a name like mine it just seems right? Ole' Bob.
Yeah, i'm in a similar boat.

Purchased my 05 from a Pontiac/Buick/GMC dealer as a used car, at 5995 miles on the ODO, but it came with the Certificate of Origin from GM, as it was never titled. It was explained to me that it was a "GM company car" and some GM exec farted in the seat for 6 months before returning it. Not sure how true that is.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My father is the original owner of the 2005 GTO in my avatar; purchased new on 11/8/2005 with 47 miles on it from Bill Rapp Pontiac in Syracuse. He just turned 77 in November. Car now has 11,099 miles and was titled to me last month.

·
Knowledge for Greater Good
183 Posts
Purchased my 06 GTO new in July 2006 and it now has just over 80K on the odometer.

Title Status: ACTIVE
Odometer Reading/Status: 5 ACTUAL MILEAGE
Odometer Date: 7/5/2006
Color: GRAY
Net Weight: 3,780
Owner Information: 1 owner

·
2004 Phantom Blk/Blk
54 Posts
Bought new 2004 75K on the odo.

Just put in an LS7 clutch, not because it needed it but due to the slave crapping out and a bad center support bearing.

·
Clean freak
170 Posts
My fathers friend had a Barbados Blue GTO that he bought new. I was supposed to buy it off him for my first car. Had 62k miles on it and 2 weeks before I got my license a teenager was on her phone, went wide on a turn, crossed the yellows and wrecked it. Everyone was okay. But I missed that opportunity :(. So 8 years later... I was able to grab an 05 last April with 21k miles. I like to consider myself an extension of the original owner :lol:

Hey Slow,

42 miles ... or 42,000 miles?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
My fathers friend had a Barbados Blue GTO that he bought new. I was supposed to buy it off him for my first car. Had 62k miles on it and 2 weeks before I got my license a teenager was on her phone, went wide on a turn, crossed the yellows and wrecked it. Everyone was okay. But I missed that opportunity :(. So 8 years later... I was able to grab an 05 last April with 21k miles. I like to consider myself an extension of the original owner :lol:

Hey Slow,

it had 42 when it was new... I misread the thread, its got more than 50K on it now, i'll have to look next time I drive it. :) sits in the garage under a cover.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Original owner bought new with 15 miles in October of 2006. Though I did sell it back in early 2011 and repurchased it in November of 2018. Car had 52k when I sold it and 56k when I picked it up (most of that was driving from Texas to North Carolina).

Tyle

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

Hey Slow,

Glad to hear you got your hands on a good one. I would consider you a friend of the original owners group and a future member of "the who still has one"? group.

·
Premium Member
36,116 Posts
it had 42 when it was new... I misread the thread, its got more than 50K on it now, i'll have to look next time I drive it. :) sits in the garage under a cover.
It's crazy to think these were still sitting new on lots for years after 06.

I think i got rear ended in sept of 07, iirc.... while it was being assessed for repair i was looking around for another one. They were able to find several new ones right off the bat.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Bought a new 04 in November of 2003. Its is torrid red with an M6 and has 54K on the clock. I remember first driving it back then and people would marvel at the American car with a manual.

I remember also the first time I went under the car and saw the oil sump in front of the cross member and the steering rack behind it. I started thinking whats wrong with these cars, but then thought better of it when I realized the steering started out on the right.

Its been a love-hate relationship, mostly love, ever since. I hate her so, because I love her so.

·
Banned
534 Posts
No matter how few miles were on your cars when you bought them.

I assure you. The first 10 from the longshoremen....

... Were the hardest any of your cars will ever see.

21 - 40 of 115 Posts