LS1GTO.com Forums banner

41 - 60 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
No matter how few miles were on your cars when you bought them.

I assure you. The first 10 from the longshoremen....

... Were the hardest any of your cars will ever see.
And the "new car setup" tech at the dealership!

·
Is that FWD?
1,014 Posts
Dash cam all things!

That is special right there. You may have a record, outstanding.
My GTO had 2 miles when I saw it on the lot, told them no detailing prep etc as I didn't want swirl marks in the paint. Drove it off the lot that day with 2 miles on odometer, it still had plastic over GTO logos on door sill, etc.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
It's crazy to think these were still sitting new on lots for years after 06.

I think i got rear ended in sept of 07, iirc.... while it was being assessed for repair i was looking around for another one. They were able to find several new ones right off the bat.
Mine sat for a year at Roberson Pontiac in Jessup GA. Carl black in Orlando had a dozen new GTO's at the same time, and was 10 minutes from the house. But the silver/m6/black interior one they had in stock, had terrible wheel balance, and they didn't want to do anything about it. I wanted silver, and there were 5 other QSM/M6/Black interior cars in Florida and GA, 4 in FL and 1 in GA. I called each one, offered $29,400 out the door price, no trade and outside financing, and the GA dealer was the first the say yes. Drove the next day and picked it up. Used an additional $2500 in GM card money, so paid less than than 26,9xx brand new.

·
Registered
35 Posts
August of 2006. It had 31 miles do to a dealer trade, 23 miles when I went to the other dealer to see it. My dealer only had black, I wanted the Cyclone Gray. I think its at 10,400 miles now. Its sister bookend doesn't count. Got that one in 2009 as a lease trade in with 17,650 miles. It shows 27,880. 66yrs old, health and I aren't getting along as well as we use to.

·
Registered
301 Posts
It's crazy to think these were still sitting new on lots for years after 06.

I think i got rear ended in sept of 07, iirc.... while it was being assessed for repair i was looking around for another one. They were able to find several new ones right off the bat.
When I bought mine used in Feb 07 there were still a few dozen brand new but at that time they were all autos or black.

·
Wol Gemut
3,235 Posts
August of 2006. It had 31 miles do to a dealer trade, 23 miles when I went to the other dealer to see it. My dealer only had black, I wanted the Cyclone Gray. I think its at 10,400 miles now. Its sister bookend doesn't count. Got that one in 2009 as a lease trade in with 17,650 miles. It shows 27,880. 66yrs old, health and I aren't getting along as well as we use to.
I hope you feel better soon. health issues impact so much the ability to enjoy life.

When I bought mine used in Feb 07 there were still a few dozen brand new but at that time they were all autos or black.
yep, when I bought in December 2006, I was told it was the last SRM in AZ, and I personally could not find another one. I was offered a QSM for one thousand less, which I turned down because SRM is what I sought, but later QSM with stock 18s became very close to SRM as personal favorite. I believe BOMs and IBMs, two other great 2006 colors were already gone, I did not see a single one and I was at every dealer within 100 miles of Phoenix.

·
Toe Main
1,547 Posts
Like a jackass, I sold mine this past summer to a GTO enthusiast, 05 had 45K on the dash. Had 30K when I purchased it. I have regrets too...

My replacement gets way more compliments than my GTO ever did!

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Like a jackass, I sold mine this past summer to a GTO enthusiast, 05 had 45K on the dash. Had 30K when I purchased it. I have regrets too...

My replacement gets way more compliments than my GTO ever did!
So what did you get to replace it? In 2014 when I bought my C7 corvette, it got all the looks. Nowadays it seems I get more looks in the GTO.

·
You build it, I break it!
4,615 Posts
I bought mine on April 1st 2006 with 47 miles on the odometer, when I test drove it had 32 miles on it. She is sitting right around 58K now. I found a giant stack of time slips that started on April 8th 2006 and went through about 2012 when my father passed away. Stopped driving/racing it for a bit after he passed away since it was tough to go back without him and then started road racing it again in 2014. Lots of miles on the road course now. I was 22 when I purchased mine, still have it now at 35, though 3 kids have slowed down the ability to wrench and race with it!

·
Registered
301 Posts
yep, when I bought in December 2006, I was told it was the last SRM in AZ, and I personally could not find another one. I was offered a QSM for one thousand less, which I turned down because SRM is what I sought, but later QSM with stock 18s became very close to SRM as personal favorite. I believe BOMs and IBMs, two other great 2006 colors were already gone, I did not see a single one and I was at every dealer within 100 miles of Phoenix.
I actually remember there was one Impluse Blue on Blue 6sp left in Florida and the dealer in Miami was asking over sticker. That how I ended up with getting mine used.

·
|G|et |T|urned |O|n
1,589 Posts
Original owner, bought new on April 4, 2005 with 50 miles. Body has 114k miles on it, garaged each winter, no accidents. Has an LS3 installed by Black Devil, with 5,718 miles on the clock.

·
Rambler is stuck in 2nd gear
2,056 Posts
I bought mine new with 5 miles on it. Flew from Dallas to Chicago, dealer picked me up at the airport, took me to the car lot, and I drove it back to Dallas. I was south of Chicago about 50 miles and got a ticket for speeding. Paid it right there. It has about 73,000 miles now.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Cool thread.
Bought my PBM 06 m6 new in Dec of 05 with 4 miles on it. I was 22. 13 plus years later I still love the car as much as the day I got it. It's got 24k miles on it now. It turns a lot of heads. I just added a 04 BBM m6 with 49k miles that was a 1 owner car. Time to get working on it.

Attachments

·
It's simple physics
3,733 Posts
Bought new in Houston in 2006. 54,000 miles or so. going to put it up for sale shortly, much to my sadness. Cannot justify it anymore (also have a Hellcat Charger).

For all you old-timers - hey there, long time no see!

LR

·
2005 Pontiac GTO CGM A4
396 Posts
$24k OTD in June 2006 Charlotte, NC for brand new '05 CGM A4. All these years later 118k miles and the best car that I've ever owned! 🙂

·
You build it, I break it!
4,615 Posts
I can't believe we only have 2 pages of original owners chiming in!!

41 - 60 of 115 Posts