LS1GTO.com Forums banner

81 - 100 of 115 Posts

·
05 Looks, 04 Slow
1,174 Posts
Right...highway miles...***wink***

:burnout: :gears:

Mine is no longer 4 sale. Decided to keep it and do some work to her. The family and I decided this is our legacy and we just can't get rid of it. We got her 3 months after my first son was born so She's family too.
Not an original owner, but same boat as you in this regard. The wife and I recently decided the same. We planned to sell it and knock out some of her loans from her doctorate. I was looking at an SN95 project (the only Mustang body style I like, grandpa had a 95 Cobra that I loved). I figured they're cheap to buy and cheap to mod, so it could give me that project/muscle car fix I need.

The wife vetoed this saying "no you hate Mustangs. You love cars that are harder to come by." She knows me well.

So we looked at C5's, G8's, and then realized... we would spend more on one of those than we would sell the GTO for. We decided the GTO will get some much needed love for far less than the cost of a newer toy, and it has sentimental value.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Picked mine up new in June 2006. PBM , 6 speed, 18 inch wheel option and the red leather. 36,033 miles and staying there for awhile since my dumb ass can't drive it anymore until my broken tibia heals.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Good thread.
Not original owner but bought mine with 2000 miles, now has 41k
The original owner bought it in California drove it 2 months then passed away at the age of 52.
It sat in a garage for 6 years until I bought it in 2012.
The son said his dad LOVED this car, which is why he didn't sell it right away.
Don't ask me why but I think of that a lot … sentimental I guess. I am 61

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Good thread.
Not original owner but bought mine with 2000 miles, now has 41k
The original owner bought it in California drove it 2 months then passed away at the age of 52.
It sat in a garage for 6 years until I bought it in 2012.
The son said his dad LOVED this car, which is why he didn't sell it right away.
Don't ask me why but I think of that a lot … sentimental I guess. I am 61
I actually have a clause in my will that prohibits the sale of mine. It goes to one of my sons and he wouldn't want to sell it anyway. I'm 72.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Inherited mine from my father who purchased it new in May of 06. He passed away in 2012 and I have spent the last 7 years doing some very extensive modifications. Car still has only 640 original miles on it. I just posted a few pics in the photo gallery (new album).
Cheers.

·
Value Vermin Vigil Voice Veil
580 Posts
Greetings guys; I hope I qualify for this group. I purchased mine December of 06 with 4000 miles on it as GM had titled it. So am I a first owner or not? At first I thought it had been in the train wreck? It was built in June of 05 & I have learned that the train wreck was prior to that date? Anyway it's got 41,000 on it now. And I plan to attend the "Slay the Dragon" this coming October. And hope to attend the Goat Run 2020 if the event is held again. I have a Holden nose arriving soon for a new look. A dream I've had ever since I purchased it. With a name like mine, it just seems right? Ole' Bob.

Yep, same here. Bought my 2006 BOM with 4016 miles in May 2007 from a guy who had just gotten a divorce. :dunno: It's been garage kept ever since. It's currently sitting at 27,777 miles on the odometer today. :burnout:

·
A4 PBM/RED 1 of 631-now 1of1
3,351 Posts
smooth and fast

bought my 04' right off the transporter in March of 04'...have done a few things to her listed in my signature...currently has 56K on the clock and running like I just took it off the showroom floor....:)

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Original owner of a '06 PBM T56 bought in June 2006. currently ~250,000 miles (Quit paying attention after 200,000), no upgrades.

Started off as a weekend car and it never saw rain or snow for the first 6 years of its life. Drove it to work one day and never stopped, it turned into my daily driver after that day. That's how much I love driving this car.

I will have this car till the day I die.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Original owner of a '06 PBM T56 bought in June 2006. currently ~250,000 miles (Quit paying attention after 200,000), no upgrades.

Started off as a weekend car and it never saw rain or snow for the first 6 years of its life. Drove it to work one day and never stopped, it turned into my daily driver after that day. That's how much I love driving this car.

Amazing to hear that kind of mileage.

·
7 NC's
318 Posts
Orlando Goat

Original owner - Recently garaged her with 107k. Was a daily driver and I drove the crap outta her. Daily commute was killing her so I decided to park and only take her out on Nice w/e's. Lot's of mods over the years.....I'm 58.....

·
Is that FWD?
1,008 Posts

That is a ton of miles, I am original owner, sitting at 28,000....

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
I have an '04. 56k. Not the original owner. Wish I could be part of this group.
Well, now that you have one, don't let it go.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Ordered Jan '04 (mouse over my Founding Member banner under my name for my order number, we were all waitin' then!).... Picked up May '04. Never looked backed! Currently 172kmi on it. My Daughter was 4 when we bought it. Now she's a sophomore in college :eek2:
Replaced trans with a TR6060 modified because the T56 blew up at 110kmi on it. Everything else has just been standard stuff really.

81 - 100 of 115 Posts