LS1GTO.com Forums banner

Are you still an Original Owner?

• Total voters
221 - 240 of 269 Posts

·
Registered Loser
931 Posts
Drove my 05 IBM/blk/M6/17" off the showroom floor in Sept of 2005. It's hibernating in the garage here in PA Dutch Country with ~64k miles on it. I think I drove it about once a month last spring/summer/fall...

·
Make mine dirty!
530 Posts
OG 04 owner checking in. 3400 miles.

·
THE ROKET WAS SOLD ON 6/22/14
9,794 Posts
OG 04 owner checking in. 3400 miles.
An 04 manual with 3400 miles??? I bet the seals are all rotted from lack of use, along with other stuff, too. And here I thought my 04 GTO was low mileage when I sold it in 2014 with 12,000 miles.

ROK :eyetwitch:

·
9,794 Posts
Sorry to report that my 2005 GTO hasn't made it to 11 years with me.
I had my 04, 10 years, 3 months and it just turned 12,000 miles the day it was sold. I would have kept it if I drove it more, but that wasn't the case. As a matter of fact, I was one of the first New Age GTO owners in CT..........

And YES, I miss it!!!!!!!

ROK :cry:

·
99% Stock
4,968 Posts
I had my 04, 10 years, 3 months and it just turned 12,000 miles the day it was sold. I would have kept it if I drove it more, but that wasn't the case. As a matter of fact, I was one of the first New Age GTO owners in CT..........

And YES, I miss it!!!!!!!

ROK :cry:
At least you had low enough miles to sell it for a good price.

Mine had 170K miles on it.

·
9,794 Posts
At least you had low enough miles to sell it for a good price.

Mine had 170K miles on it.
Granted, however, wasn't yours a daily driver? Mine was a garage queen and got driven about 2-3 times a month. When I first got it, is when I put most of the miles on it. Then it sat in the garage........, I hope it's getting some use now. I should look up the VIN# and see where it is.......

ROK

·
Hung Like a Republican
455 Posts
Original owner of a brand new 2006 Spice Red - May 2006 trigger pull.

Sold a week ago for a 16' 2SS Camaro.

·
right foot + throttle =
358 Posts
I was tempted to hit the "2006" button since I bought the car with 2,750 miles on it with a single rock chip on the front fender. Nine years later, she's showing her age a little on the outside with a few dings, but her heart still beats as strong as ever at 60K miles. I've never owned a car for this long and I don't ever want to part with her. Last year, the wife was carrying on about how "impractical" it is. To shut her up, I bought her a Titan: "Now you can be as practical as you want. We're not getting rid of the GTO."

From the old "nostalgia" thread:
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4371936&postcount=14

·
|G|et |T|urned |O|n
1,594 Posts
2005 original owner

Ordered a black on black M6 either late 04 or early 05. Watched it on the LS1GTO tracker on its journey across the pond. While waiting for it, my buddy at the dealer told me a black on red M6 was arriving unclaimed, as soon as I saw it I absolutely had to have the red leather. Cancelled my order and purchased it on the spot, April 2005 if memory serves. After some engine mods, last year she flatlined at about 107k, but came back to life stronger than ever after a heart transplant earlier this year. She still looks, feels, sounds and smells new every time I get in her. I wonder who wound up with the black on black I had ordered... maybe it was one of the many 05s lost on the train. Great seeing some of the old crew still in this thread.

·
Registered
910 Posts
2nd owner here, 49k. Believe it or not I had no idea they existed until early 2014. Once I found out about them, it only took a week to luck into my RA6. Once I see something I like, Im all in which is why Im only now selling my 19 year old Anniversary Edition Z-28 (69k miles), bought her new of course. Much as I still love it, I would have dumped it in a second for a goat in 06. Will be taking the goat into my twight years, so the partout wont happen hopefully for a couple decades ?

·
Premium Member
300 Posts

A teenager. Although I didn't take delivery until July, it was born Feb. '04.

It still looks almost new after nine years of Michigan daily driving and the last four as a garage queen. 39K on the clock.

Attachments

·
TRP Operator FTW
407 Posts
Original owner. Bone stock BOM A4/17s with 9,7xx miles. Garage kept. Stored winters. Never seen salt or snow.
An original owner that just recently joined this site? Jeez!

I still have my BOM but probably not much longer.

·
Knowledge for Greater Good
184 Posts
04 A4 and 06 M6 original owner. 04 A4 is over 13 years old with over 160,000 miles. I’ve been really impressed with the Holden build quality.

221 - 240 of 269 Posts