Are you still an Original Owner?

• Total voters
241 - 260 of 269 Posts

·
Yes my name is Holden
483 Posts
train wreck?

Greetings Guys
My car had a very low production number..only 35 Yellow Jackets were built in 2005 that had A/4 trans and 18in wheels.To make the numbers even lower , 9 of those 35 cars were destroyed in that train wreck in April 2005.
Thank you for posting the info on the train wreck as I couldn't remember the date. I had suspected that mine was one of the survivors as GM had titled it. It had 4700 miles on it when I purchased it Dec of 06. But mine wasn't built until June of 05 so I guess I was the first owner? Now I have no clue why GM titled it? Last week I toped the tank off & parked it for the season as it turned 40,000 miles. I had originally purchased it as my work car, but of course only drove it on nice days. I retired September of 08 so it didn't get many work miles & now it is my Grand Touring car. The wife called it the GuTOo & that's it's name now! In the future I hope to take it to a couple of events, Tail of the Dragon, Goat Run Las Vegas, maybe the Holden Fest event in Texas. And I'm regular at the Holden Chicago Connection BBQ. It was my first import & know I also have an Mexican vehicle. Anyway being a Chevy guy & eating GTO's for lunch back in the late 60's it wans't Pontiac that brought to these beautiful automobiles. It was style, Ls engine & when your name is Holden what else are ya gonna buy? Ole' Bob.
Ps: attached late 60's GTO eater

Attachments

·
What the....
2,590 Posts
Bought new in Feb of 05. She sits in the garage for another winter to end next to the Impala with just a shy over 28K miles. By far the 96 Impala is the longest I have ever owned a car. Bought it new in Sept of 96 for 21K when they were trying to get rid of them. Got a 150K miles on it and use her for my local transportation. Been a damn good car.
So I am curious........how many original owners are still here? It's been a little over 4 years since I posted this here. Pretty much everything is still the same except I sold my house in VA and moved to South Carolina. Best thing I could've ever done to get out of that area. Tired of paying personal property taxes on my toys. So speak up original owners....you all still around? I know the board has pretty much died and spotting one of these cars on the road is next to impossible. I can't imagine what it's going to be like when I show up with THIS beast at the next car show here in South Carolina.

·
2010 Camaro SS Owner
408 Posts
Well I’m still here even though the GTO is four cars ago...

·
Registered
710 Posts
Still here from time to time. Still have my GTO. Spends most of the time snug in the garage. Comes out for weekend drives. Still love it.
BLYGOAT

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Here.

·
Administrator
8,201 Posts
I don't know how to answer this one:

Purchased my first IBM 04 in July 2004. Sold it to my dad in 2008 (he still owns it) and bought a low mileage TR 06. I then bought another YJ 04 for use as a daily driver. I then sold the YJ 04 and a year later bought a CGM 05.

I currently own the 05 and 06. My father still has his 04 (but it resides in my garage with my 05 & 06).

Can we have a "Original owner of a new one, sold it, bought a pre loved one, and another pre loved one, sold that pre loved one, and bought another pre loved one, and currently house my original one" choice?
Revisiting this as I've been the official owner again of the 04 IBM since December 2017. I guess that qualifies as still being an original owner of that one since I now own it again?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Closing in on 11 years with the GTO. And 5 years of the wife making comments to get rid of it
My wife wants me to sell it as well since I rarely drive it. Work from home so rarely drive period and have a spare vehicle as is for dirty hauling.

I resist because I will never find another like it: Unwrecked, unabused, and more importantly having to experience the discovery phase regarding eccentricities all over again with another GTO. Once was enough.

I would return to a Fox Mustang 5.0 if I did sell it. Reliable as a Model T and a cheap date. Unlike the GTO.

Or a G-body with an LS1 and T-56 or Big Block and auto. So many options, so little garage space

·
|G|et |T|urned |O|n
1,594 Posts
Original owner, still here. Likewise, maybe 1k miles a year. SEG, again today.

Edit: Great to still see ya on here, Rok!

·
What the....
2,590 Posts
Here! I drive it less than 1,000 miles a year but I still have it.
I know what you mean. I have just over 40k on this car. It only went to car shows and sat in my garage waiting to come out to play. Soon.....she is moving to South Carolina to resume her life in the garage. I can't wait.....it is only one more week until I pick her up and bring her home.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Original owner bought new with 15 miles in October of 2006. Though I did sell it back in early 2011 and repurchased it in November of 2018. Car had 52k when I sold it and 56k when I picked it up (most of that was driving from Texas to North Carolina).

Tyler

·
PONTIAC GTO-EVOLVED
217 Posts
Bought new April 2005 with 314 miles. Just turn 30,0xxmiles, and still gives me
a SEG when I drive it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Was living in Austin and visited a friend in Stillwater. Saw a PBM there and decided to trade in my WS6 to purchase it in May of 2006 with 22 miles. Moved to Dallas for work in 2010 and got a company vehicle so between that and living in a duplex with no parking I ended up selling it to a guy out of Oklahoma. Had 60k miles on it at that time.

I've moved a couple of times since then and recently in May 2018, while living in El Paso, wanted a car to do some work on and decided I knew enough of working on the GTO so found a CGM in Albuquerque. Car had 132k miles but researched the history. Motor had already been rebuilt and most of anything else I was going to replace anyhow.

·
14s lol
754 Posts
Still have mine. 39k miles on it, put roughly 700 miles on it a year. Was retired from daily duty back in 09.

241 - 260 of 269 Posts