LS1GTO.com Forums banner

Are you still an Original Owner?

• Total voters
261 - 266 of 266 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Original owner of a 2004 picked it up in February of 2004. Black with a red interior 6 speed. I ordered it in July of 2003 sight unseen. The dealer also ordered a red automatic at the same time and they weren't sure it they were going to be able to order anymore or ever get anymore. There was a lot of rumors going around that supply was going to be very limited. Especially after the train crash that destroyed so many. On the night I went to pick it up there was 10 guys hovering around mine when I arrived. Nobody seemed interested in the red one. After checking it out and all the congrats and hand shacks, one of the dudes offered me $5000.00 to walk away. Since I didn't know if more were coming and all the rumors about shortages and the fact that I had just waited almost 8 months for it I decided to pass on his offer. True story. I paid sticker price which I had agreed to pay and the dealer had agreed to sell me it for. Many paid over sticker at the time so I felt luck about that. I drove it home in a snow storm and it has been through 10 winters as It was my only car for 10 years. I bought the SAP appearance package that included the 05-06 hood, the SAP grills and spoiler. Then I bought the front bumper extension. Painted it and installed all the parts myself. It has an 06 rear bumper and exhaust I had installed after I was rear-ended and got a new rear bumper for free. I asked the body man if he would order the 05-06 bumper instead and he agreed and installed it at no extra charge. I installed 06 tail lights. 35% window tint that is legal here in IL that has saved the front seat and the top of the rear seats that were prone to sun damage. I have owned it for 15 years now and I still love it. It has been a great reliable car.

·
ashgto04
39 Posts
Bought mine in March 2004 and have had it 15 years. It has become my fair weather car in the summer and nice weather car in winter. Pretty much have kept it stock except K&N filter, JHP taillights, IL legal window tint, and Alpine head unit and speakers. Had to do some interior maintenance last year (headliner and seat repair). Next year I will replace the suspension-looking to keep it long enough to put antique plates on it (25 years). Still love the car after all these years!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
OG 05 Owner and FPFQAF
2,610 Posts
OG FPFQ checking in.
Bought my 05 with 270 miles on the clock on 2/17/06.... Now it has 7x,xxx..Don't recall the exact mileage because it's sitting under a cover in storage.

·
Premium Member
82,627 Posts
I still own mine.

Suck my dick.

261 - 266 of 266 Posts