LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
get used to this sight
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so im chinging my oil last night at work and like always i go through the entire undercarriage to check for leaks. well i get to the back of my trans and voila, there it is. its not leaking bad, just enough to start to create a drop. well i took it to the dealer because its under warranty til spring (when i go to void it) and tell them what the problem is. the girl was shocked. she was like the output shaft seal is leaking at only 9000 miles??? wow!!! now im just waiting for her to call me back so she can tell me that it is leaking. well hopefully i dont have any dealer issues about them covering it. this is my 1st car with a warranty and i have heard horror stories about gm dealers (thank you ls2gto.com). did anybody else have this problem and how long did it take to fix???

oh they gave me a rental car. it is an 07 cheve colorado. what a toilet this car is, let me tell you. the thing had 5, count it 5 fudgin miles on it and it has a nasty squeak coming from somewhere. if anybody is even pondering buying one of these junkers...........

DONT!!!!!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Haven't seen this myself.

But make sure they don't just dump some seal conditioner in it and call it a day.

That's why you ask for the old parts.

·
get used to this sight
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dunno... they said that they had to order the thing so hoprfully im not going to get burned... its kinda nice too because the guy who works on my car has a yellow 04. i just think he likes driving my 05 around town. i dropped it off and got a call like 20 minutes later from my friend that said he say some guy driving my car. i hope he was not driving like i normally drive lol.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Although a good technician will need to test drive a vehicle for various concerns I can not think of any good reason to "test" drive a customers vehicle with a transmission output shaft leak. Your vehicles "in" mileage will be on your repair order when you pick up the vehicle after repairs, if you think excessive miles have been added to your vehicle bring it to the attention of the Service Manager and make sure in a polite way to tell him/her that you do not appreciate people joyriding in Your vehicle.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Mine was leaking as well...took it in once for repair, had to order parts, took back for install...two weeks later it's leaking worse than before.
Good luck, keep an eye on it.

·
get used to this sight
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
really?!?!?!?!?! thanks for the heads up jon01. ill be sure to check it out after my next oil change. even though it would be checked anyway. oh and then azzholes better not be joy riding my car... ill walk in there and be like "does bob deezy have to choke a bitch????"

·
Hook'em Horns
443 Posts
I had a similar issue on mine at less than 2400 miles. They replaced it under warranty and it seems to be holding up just fine. They did have to order the part in, but it should be the same part as a Corvette since they share the same tranny.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts