LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife called me at work freaking out because the GOAT was over heating! She had driven less than 10 miles and said that an alarm was going off (sounded like a cell phone) and the temp guage was pegged. She did what I would have done, parked it and checked all fluids...all fine! She started the car again and everything was normal. Took it to the dealer and they are going to check it out tomorrow. She said that if she had had the tune cranked she never would have heard the alsrm, anyone else have this happen?

·
Registered
464 Posts
I have had this happen twice. Shortly after car was started, and then got on it pretty hard. Gauge peg while charm was going, and then came right down. No signs of anything wrong. Just a reminder in the head to drive a little before driving spirited. I think it is just another programming glitch.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Mine too.

About a week ago my temp gauge pegged and the alarm sounded too. It was just after I had started driving. The car was already warm because it had been driven not too long before. It only pegged for about 5 seconds then returned to normal. It hasn't done it since. I didn't bring it in because the SES light didn't come on. I figured no codes would show and they couldn't do anything unless it happened while they were test driving. I'm curious to see what they tell you.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Its happened to me also......

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Me too once. The only time I drove without waiting for the System Check to complete...

·
Registered
392 Posts
No gage pegging on temp.as yet. I usually wait for the systems complete to finish. Don't know if any similarities. I have 1650mi. Cos

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
"Screwy gauge problems" seems to be pretty common. I had two incidents when I first got the car, but no problems since. Do a forum search and you'll find some info about the computer box behind the glove compartment not being properly shielded and/or grounded. Worth checking out.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We picked up the car tonight, they didnt find anything and the computer didnt store any error codes, guess it had a brain fart! Well now we will have some history if it happens again. Little things like this drive me crazy, make one wonder if I should have waited for the bugs to get worked out before buying...I just didnt want to miss out on the fun!

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
It happened to me once. 5 or 10 minutes into driving, Pegged the temp and the chime went off. I pulled over, shut her down and checked all fluids. Everything looked good and I restarted the car. Temp read normal.

·
WOT's up?
559 Posts
Ditto, started the car in the morning and when I backed out of the garage it went haywire. I shut it down and restarted and everything was fine. Very odd.

·
Upstairs in the basement
396 Posts
I didnt have the over heating issue but one time when I was going over a speed bump I didnt give it enough gas and the car almost stalled as I was letting out the clutch. It didnt stall but 1 less RPM and it probably would have. It almost seemed to hiccup, after that the speedometer would go to 200 if I was only going 20. Did that a few times then I shut it off, restarted and it didnt do it again.

·
Registered
16 Posts
yep

Had the same problem happen once before too...
Temp zoomed to it's highest mark and then the spedometer and temp went to zero after less than 2 sec. (didn't even have time to pull over all the way) and everything went back to normal. Strange little programing quirk. It has not happened again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts