LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My neighbor owns a 2002 Mustang Gt and well i got my GTO last nite...Guy thinks he can out run the GTO so we take it to the streets. Went to this long narrow street in tracy,CA...well he got owned!! I was laughing my Ass of he was perty upset, hella funny though. There are 5 Mustangs in my neighborhood and one GTO in the bay area...mine...i love the feeling of owning the FORDS! Can't wait to take this baby to the runs on friday.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Nice kill, kill em all.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Good kill I hate mustangs as well although I do respect the Cobras.

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
DevilYellow said:
Road Racing does not mean street racing btw...

DY right on the money

Keep it on the track.
The life you save maybe your own.

·
I did a bad, bad thing
1,450 Posts
CaliGTO said:
My neighbor owns a 2002 Mustang Gt and well i got my GTO last nite...Guy thinks he can out run the GTO so we take it to the streets. Went to this long narrow street in tracy,CA...well he got owned!! I was laughing my Ass of he was perty upset, hella funny though. There are 5 Mustangs in my neighborhood and one GTO in the bay area...mine...i love the feeling of owning the FORDS! Can't wait to take this baby to the runs on friday.

Not to rain on your parade or anything, but it isn't all that impressive to own a car with 90 fewer horsepower built on a platform that originates from the late 1970s...

:wall:

·
Disaster
339 Posts
STi said:
Not to rain on your parade or anything, but it isn't all that impressive to own a car with 90 fewer horsepower built on a platform that originates from the late 1970s...

:wall:
I think he was just spimply stating that b/c ALOT of Mustang GT owners talk a little too much crap for their own good and wanted to put him in his place. GT's aren't that bad of a car, but not fast in my book. :D

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
STi said:
Not to rain on your parade or anything, but it isn't all that impressive to own a car with 90 fewer horsepower built on a platform that originates from the late 1970s
Good point, STi. That 4.6L Mustang GT I beat up on didn't have a chance, but for some reason he really believed he could beat the GTO. I obliged his request to find out and proved to him that 90 extra HP helps.

I have my sights set on a 5.0L Mustang or a new Mach 1. I've pretty much figured out what my CAR is capable of. I know who to race and who not to race. Now I want to figure out what my car's DRIVER is capable of, so I want some fair competition.

The problem with the 5.0L Mustangs around here is that nearly all of them are built to the hilt. And I've NEVER seen a Mach 1 on the road.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
FLORIT said:
Good point, STi. That 4.6L Mustang GT I beat up on didn't have a chance, but for some reason he really believed he could beat the GTO. I obliged his request to find out and proved to him that 90 extra HP helps.

I have my sights set on a 5.0L Mustang or a new Mach 1. I've pretty much figured out what my CAR is capable of. I know who to race and who not to race. Now I want to figure out what my car's DRIVER is capable of, so I want some fair competition.

The problem with the 5.0L Mustangs around here is that nearly all of them are built to the hilt. And I've NEVER seen a Mach 1 on the road.

My neighbor has a Gt on his neighbor has a Mach 1, The guy with the Mach 1 is a nice guy and he takes perty good care of his car, I dont think i will have a run with him any time soon, but his looking foward to it....by the way there is 6 Mustangs in the neighborhood, kinda sad....

·
I did a bad, bad thing
1,450 Posts
CaliGTO said:
My neighbor has a Gt on his neighbor has a Mach 1, The guy with the Mach 1 is a nice guy and he takes perty good care of his car, I dont think i will have a run with him any time soon, but his looking foward to it....by the way there is 6 Mustangs in the neighborhood, kinda sad....
Sad? I really enjoy beating up on my former fellow Mustang owners, especially in an import :)

I'm headed out to the track tomorrow night, so hopefully I'll have new numbers to post after the most recent round of mods. :D

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
FLORIT said:
just gotta watch out for those sleepers ;)

·
got rice?
480 Posts
CaliGTO said:
Just a reminder to you all. It's not really Ford vs GM anymore. We need to stick together and take out all the imports (except exotics) and not each other. If it has 8 cylinders and it's fast you're ok in my book. I myself had 5 stangs and just graduated to a new Goat which I love by the way. Can't wait to install the hidden shot. :sneaky:

Lets not forget about the real threat such as Lancer Evo and Subaru WRX. Those cars are a headache, so unless you wanna get dogged by one you better start thinking about cold air intake kit, exhaust and gears. I'm not saying I like those cars but you must know your enemy before going against him. Nothing's worst than getting your doors blown off by a 2.0 turbo car (It happened already in my GTO sad to say). :mad:

-XFordMan

1 - 17 of 17 Posts