LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Worthless Staff Mbr
58,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tan interior in my car ('97 Volvo 850R w/ tan leather & suede seats) and the previous owner didn't take that great of care of the interior. There were a bunch of oil stains in the very back on the carpet, and the seats have some stains on the suede. A few months ago, my little sister left a half open soda on my passenger seat overnight so there was this huge syrup stain on the passenger seat. I didn't know how to clean the suede and was told to purchase Oxy Magic by Armor All. I was a little hesitant in trying it on the suede, but figured it couldn't look much worse than the soda stain. I tried it first on a little spot to see if it changed the color or anything, and it dried fine.

I first tried cleaning the oil stains in the back and it worked GREAT!! Got most of the oil out of the carpet (I should have taken before pictures). I then tried it on the soda, and it cleaned that up great also!

Any carpet stains or upholstery stains, I highly recommend to try Oxy Magic by Armor All. I think it was like $3.99 at Auto Zone. All you do is spray it on the spot so it is wet, then rub it up with a towel or shop vac it up. Works awesome.

·
Missing my little one.
21,341 Posts
Sounds awesome, no mystery stains on the seats or suede in my car but it's nice to hear of something that will def. work and I don't have to search the ends of the world to find it.

Thanks for the tip :thumbs:

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
Remember, the GTO doesn't have real suede... its a micro suede, which is actually good news, as it cleans up very well.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Worked good on that suede, eh?

That's good to know. Suede's a beotch.

I think I'll try soma that on my leather jacket.

·
Worthless Staff Mbr
58,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe that the bottle said not to use it on leather. Danrieke, if you really need something to clean your leather jacket with, send me a pm with what type of leather it is and I will ask my friend (his father owns one of the largest leather manufacturing companies in the US).

Anyways, with the Oxy Magic. I believe that my seats are micro suede also (not real suede) but the Volvo guys are all against cleaning them with anything other than a wet rag which obviously doesn't do crap. I checked the seats this morning and they look great! I am going to have to treat the soda one more time, but just the normal surface stains are gone on the back seat I tried it on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts