LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My computer skills are lacking.

Can somebody photoshop these rims on a GTO, preferable silver?

Thanks!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Can you find a pic of a silver GTO with "about" the same angle as the pic of the rims? I can drop them into a relative picture quite easily.

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
Mikie said:
See what you think about this attempt.
Awesome. I thought about the Superleggeras for mine because I love the look and they're lightweight. They're real popular in the WRX world. If I recall, you can get the correct bolt pattern (5x120mm), but the offsets are wrong. If you can get 'em to fit, go for it.

Padre

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Padre -

I just talked to a dealer who has installed 40mm offset rims in a 17x8 config. without any problems with rubbing. I wonder if I should believe him or not. I intend on keeping the stock tires.

The OZ wheels are sweet because they are so light and of a very high quality.

Thanks for the photoshop Mikie.

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
jake said:
I just talked to a dealer who has installed 40mm offset rims in a 17x8 config. without any problems with rubbing. I wonder if I should believe him or not. I intend on keeping the stock tires.

The OZ wheels are sweet because they are so light and of a very high quality.
Agreed, nice rims. I'm not an expert, but the 17x8's at 40mm *should* fit. My 19x8's at 40mm fit fine. My 19x9.5's at 40mm needed fender rolling in the back. Good luck and post some picks one you get 'em. :)

Padre

·
Registered
430 Posts
I believe cjlannoy has 18x8 40mm Motegi wheels on his car and they had to roll the fenders to keep them from rubbing.

Padre, you have the 19x8 40mm Thruxtons? So those fit without any fender rolling? If they fit, I would imagine the 18x8 40mm should also fit, correct?

I think those would look awsome on my Torrid Red GTO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts