LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Senior's Member
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to start by saying, “I was mindin’ my own bidness when…”

I approached the intersection, as the light turned from yellow to red. I was turning right on to a single lane road so I did the “Hollywood stop” as I glanced at the light for the traffic that I would join. Their light flashed from red to green, and I jumped the right hand turn.

As I glanced in the rear view mirror, I remember thinking “E-class Benz 2004, won’t see him again.” I nailed it. 2-3 shift at about sixty I look to see the Benz SCREAMING up my a$$.

I felt like Luke Skywalker with the tie-fighters “I can’t shake him”.

We reach about 90+ in fourth, and I waive him off and brake for the next red light.

It turns green maybe two hundred yards out, coasting in second gear. I nail it again.

This time I’m watching him, and the E just LEAPS every time it hits a shift on the five-speed automatic trans. I wasn’t getting out of this one, he was toying with me.

Here’s the scoop the ’04 E55 has 469HP and 516FT/# in a vehicle that weighs 4200#’s. That leaves [email protected] and 1/[email protected] 116mph.

Sooo.. we approach the next intersection. I move off on the shoulder and waive him up.

First thing I see looks like two hoot owls staring at me. Dad has his boys out, and they just broke the law. Big time. You could just tell on their faces, the expression was “Whoa”. They were too scared still to even smile.

I asked “What is that, how were you able to keep up. I figured you were an E500 at best, but that must be a E55.”

He said “Yea, it is. I LOVE your Goat. How do you like it? It’s very quick.” “When I saw you leave the stoplight I told my boys “Let’s go get him!!”

And so he did.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
a very good race. and a respectable ending. you cant cry about loosing to a car with 119 more horses than you. and probably costs twice as much, or more.

atleast he was cool about it and not snobbish like many others.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Good story. A father and kids bonding moment.
:drink::drink:

·
Senior's Member
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tails said:
Kind of like drinkin', eh Tails?

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
Great story. And 12.5 @ 116? :eek: I better watch out. :secret: :)

Padre

·
Senior's Member
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PadreGTO said:
Great story. And 12.5 @ 116? :eek: I better watch out. :secret: :)

Padre
No, no, Padre - this is the answer.

PLEASE come to Chicago and atone for my short comings.

·
Senior's Member
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gto_in_nc said:
Sweet! Did you notice what that E55 sounded like, Ozzie Goat?

No, he was always behind me. All I heard was LS1.

·
Banned
39 Posts
Why am I not surprised.

WKDWS6 said:
I would settle for the Benz////
You always come in here with your WS6 and tell us you prefer the Porsche Carrera over the goat, you prefer the E55 over the GTO, you prefer this over the goat, you prefer that over the GTO....

We get it okay?

Now go away. Isn't there an F Body forum where you could hang out instead of over here?

:barf:

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
That was a great father son(s) moment. I have done that a few times with my son. I can hear him in the back saying "I want to race, daddy!" What do you do????

Good race. I have seen a big benz E55 or SL55 running the 1/4 as fast as 12.1 with drags on the rear. Someone on the forum posted the videos!

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Ozzie Goat said:
Here’s the scoop the ’04 E55 has 469HP and 516FT/# in a vehicle that weighs 4200#’s. That leaves [email protected] and 1/[email protected] 116mph.

thats impressive......I did not realize they had that much under the hood. I would take one as a daily driver parked next to my GOAT

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Tails said:
Man, I'm embarrassed to say that my son and his friends have been in the car with me plenty of times when I've "played". Talk about setting a BAD example! My son is 14, and what am I supposed to do when he comes home with a speeding ticket, or worse yet, wreckless driving?

I am far less worried about losing my own license than I am about losing my son's. What I have showed him in my own behavior makes it impossible for me to preach "driving responsibly." I just hope he's smarter than I am.

P.S. What markings identify the E55? I need to know what to look for.

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
FLORIT said:
Man, I'm embarrassed to say that my son and his friends have been in the car with me plenty of times when I've "played". Talk about setting a BAD example! My son is 14, and what am I supposed to do when he comes home with a speeding ticket, or worse yet, wreckless driving?
My motivation for driving smart is simple: the local police captain comes to my church and I know the local sheriff. They'd kick my butt from here to Sunday if I ever did anything stupid in town. :) But on a more sobering note, I've buried a 9-year-old girl who died because of two street racers (this was in El Paso). :( So just be smart.

Padre

·
Senior's Member
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
FLORIT said:
P.S. What markings identify the E55? I need to know what to look for.
Really there are clues.

The wheels are huge, and the rotors are X-drilled.

The stance is slightly lower. From the side you can see the "Kompressor" badges on the front fender.

From the rear = E55 on trunk lid.

Oh, that and the fact he just BLEW past you. :p

·
Former Goatherder
658 Posts
I've not seen an E55, but there is a CL55 that I've seen on around where I work.

MSRP $119,620.00*
Engine AMG-built supercharged 5.5L 24-valve V-8 engine
Net Power 493 hp @ 6,100 rpm
Net Torque 516 lb-ft @ 2,750 - 4,000 rpm
Curb weight 4,255 lb/1,930 kg

I guess if you have ridiculous amounts of money it's a nice choice :)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts