LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Speed Junkie
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking at different FI options right now in anticipation of my major upgrades in the next 30-45 days. The new TT setups have caught my eye but the ATI Procharger has always been on my list.

Can someone tell me the difference between the P-1SC-1 kit and the D-1SC kit? I've gotten the impression that the D-1SC kit is capable of more power and is more for already modified engines where as the P-1SC-1 kit is mainly for stock engines. Of course, I'm just guessing.

So, what's the real difference between them? Why choose one over the other?

·
Banned
5,086 Posts
man just couldnt of talked to me huh:soapbox:

the p1sc is what phil has..and its carb legal..
the d1sc will get you more power later and is not carb legal.
now you have to ask do you need more than phil has?Im thinking the p1sc puts out plenty.....

but who knows i might get a d1 also..i will know soon as i sell my maggie:(

·
Speed Junkie
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see, well I'll be doing a bit more research into it and see what I can dig up. There is no way I want to get involved in a uprgades war with Phil, I know my limits. ;)

If you stop messing around and drop that damn Cam in, maybe you won't want to sell the Maggie. :fawkdance

·
Banned
5,086 Posts
well if your looking for a maggie i have one for ya..and if you want we can cruise to azps and get it swapped from my car to yours..ill even throw the cam in with the maggie..
you already know how my car feels without the cam now magine it with the cam...

·
Old Guys Rule
3,076 Posts
Blackbat said:
So I'm looking at different FI options right now in anticipation of my major upgrades in the next 30-45 days. The new TT setups have caught my eye but the ATI Procharger has always been on my list.

Can someone tell me the difference between the P-1SC-1 kit and the D-1SC kit? I've gotten the impression that the D-1SC kit is capable of more power and is more for already modified engines where as the P-1SC-1 kit is mainly for stock engines. Of course, I'm just guessing.

So, what's the real difference between them? Why choose one over the other?
http://www.procharger.com/models.shtml

As stated by AZPSWEST, the P1 is the ONLY CARB approved head unit for our GTO's. by looking at ATI's model specs there is not that much difference between the two....that being said once you start modifying the engine the D1 has a definate advantage. Bottom line is, if you are the type that worries about the SMOG police you only have one choice in the ATI lineup!

·
Registered
452 Posts
D1 basically has a different impeller design that is more agressive. All the other parts of the blower are the same.

Just to give you an idea of the difference, I know a guy that recently swapped from a p1 to a d1. He made no other changes to the car.

He picked up 50rwtq and ~60rwhp. He went from a 3.8 pulley to a larger 4.1 on the D1 (this is on a c5 corvette so pulley sizes don't match up with the gto). I think his boost went from 9psi - 11psi. I can probably find the graph if you really want to see it.

The p1 can produce decent #s but it needs a smaller pulley than the D1. Belt slip usually becomes a much bigger problem with a smaller pulley (not sure what the gto setup is like in terms of belt slip).

Overall, the D1 is well worth the small price difference, but if you need the carb# then you will still be happy with the p1.

·
Speed Junkie
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ahh, I get it now. Thanks everyone, I think I'll most likely be going with the P1 setup. :)

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
ATI offers the complete package including the tune, for the P-1SC. That is why the P-1SC is 50 state legal. Not that the car couldn't get retuned down the line, but that is how the package got 50 state certified.
The D-1SC is not offered with a supplied tune, so it is not 50 state certified.
I have had quite a few customers in Ca who had purchased the complete P-1SC kit, but then have later upgraded to the D-1SC head unit.
I've also been told that most of the people who work at the smog stations in Ca could care less what blower you have, and that if the tailpipe sniffer passes, then all is well. Bob

·
Old Guys Rule
3,076 Posts
Exotic Performance Plus said:
I've also been told that most of the people who work at the smog stations in Ca could care less what blower you have, and that if the tailpipe sniffer passes, then all is well. Bob
I will soon need to find a published list of such places.......:gr_devil:

·
Watch Me
354 Posts
Any HP and TQ numbers bolting a p-1sc kit on a LS2 with headers and a catback?

·
Fastest GTO in NL
106 Posts
jumpmanmb87 said:
Any HP and TQ numbers bolting a p-1sc kit on a LS2 with headers and a catback?
The basic P-1SC kit with ATI's supplied tune will get you about 460-470 rwhp. Add a cat-back and LT headers w/cats and you will be just north of 500 rwhp. If you take all of the above and get a custom dyno tune (including fuel pump booster or upgraded pump), you're probably talking 550+ rwhp...

The ATI tune is quite conservative, from what I've heard. I went with the P-1SC tuner kit, picked up HPTuners and a wideband, and tuned it myself.

I will be installing Kooks 1 7/8" headers with catted connection pipes on my Procharged LS2 in the next month or so, an MSD fuel pump booster, a 3.7" pulley, and re-tuning. I already have a set of stainless muffler delete pipes with Borla tips installed. I would be able to tell you exactly how much rwhp, if only there was a decent dynamometer in the Netherlands... :(

·
Registered
207 Posts
More Power

The P1SC is for more than a stock engine. My 04 with LTs, corsa and small blower cam is laying down 520/450 rwp. That is where my BAP and 42's
were getting fairly maxed. This is with a 3.7 pulley (7.5 PSI @6500 RPM).
It had more on the table but the fuel system would not support it.

As soon as I get the rest of my rearend pieced together, I am heading towards a 3.4 pulley and a fuel system upgrade. Lots of proof out there that this setup has no belt slippage problems. I think 580+/500 is obtainable.

Don't get me wrong, the D1 makes more power, but the P1 is what I had to work with. The CARB rating is just icing on the cake. To each his own.:patriot:

QUOTE=Blackbat]So I'm looking at different FI options right now in anticipation of my major upgrades in the next 30-45 days. The new TT setups have caught my eye but the ATI Procharger has always been on my list.

So, what's the real difference between them? Why choose one over the other?[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have a psc1 which is great. The tune they give for it is way under powered.
I would get the D1`the 42lb injectors and custom tune.
either one well make more power then most people can handle

·
Back at it again.....
948 Posts
My P1 is on the stock pulley supplied. I put down over 600wrhp and 500rwtq in 100+ degree Arizona heat on 91 octane. At the time my mods were P1, cam and exhaust. If I had an LS1 I would have done a D1, but with the LS2's high CR, we felt the P1 was enough for my goals. I could always step down a pulley size if I wanted more out if it. Just a little food for thought.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
CRZYLS2 said:
My P1 is on the stock pulley supplied. I put down over 600wrhp and 500rwtq in 100+ degree Arizona heat on 91 octane. At the time my mods were P1, cam and exhaust. If I had an LS1 I would have done a D1, but with the LS2's high CR, we felt the P1 was enough for my goals. I could always step down a pulley size if I wanted more out if it. Just a little food for thought.
I just saw that you said it put down over 600 whp on the *stock* (7 psi??) P1 pulley with a cam???? On the stock pulley, I did 474- this was with stock exhaust and their tune, but still. Then I did a pulley (10 psi) and it did 543. Then headers and a re tune and it did 648, but on a dyno that is known to read high- so it took 12 psi (raised the rev limiter 200 rpm's) to get 600whp out of mine. Did the cam make *that* much of a difference????
Joe

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
On another note- where did you get the adaptor for your stereo?
Joe

1 - 19 of 19 Posts