LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Do I own a GTO or vice versa?
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well guys and gals, I've looked and looked and looked but can't find what I need. Looking for a P/N for the rubber plug that goes on the BACK of the rear backing plates... the one the parking brake actuating lever pokes through. All I can find is the plugs that go in the front of the rotor for the star adjuster. Mine are brittle and disintegrating and I suspect moisture is getting in there causing my shoes to bind in the morning. I appreciate your help!

This is the part in question circled in red:

Attachments

·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Murphy's Law... found it right after posting... 92140419... lol

Hope this helps someone in the future!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Did you purchase? I see listed on GM sites for 4-5$ (highly suspect its really NLA and listing are wrong) but ebay wants 40+ shipped and 150 on amazon -_-

I would like to get some too if it was only 5$

·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, GMPartsGiant had em for that $4.xx price and I got a pair of them for like $15 shipped. I saw the eBay ones and that is just crazy. They come as part of the parking brake kit but I don't need that whole thing (I hope) so paying for more than half a kit by getting two small parts seemed dumb. Nothing on RockAuto, surprisingly, either. It's the little things that will drive you nuts!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yes, GMPartsGiant had em for that $4.xx price and I got a pair of them for like $15 shipped. I saw the eBay ones and that is just crazy. They come as part of the parking brake kit but I don't need that whole thing (I hope) so paying for more than half a kit by getting two small parts seemed dumb. Nothing on RockAuto, surprisingly, either. It's the little things that will drive you nuts!

Thank you both.

Rockauto is hit or miss for this car it seems, some categories are loaded with parts, other are not even listed. Works great for my GMT400 truck though.

·
Premium Member
36,113 Posts

·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Soooooo GMPartsGiant cancelled my order for the backing plate plugs, assuming because they don't have the parts available. I have an email sent to a Canadian dealer who says they have them but can't process international orders on their site so we'll see what they say. In a pinch, my parts guy in Australia said he has plenty of them in stock but they're $19 each so that'll be my last resort. Stay tuned...

·
GR-RRR!
4,440 Posts
Sounds like another part we need GTOG8TA.com to reproduce. I'm sure lots of people need them.

·
1 of 40,757
6,232 Posts
Soooooo GMPartsGiant cancelled my order for the backing plate plugs, assuming because they don't have the parts available. I have an email sent to a Canadian dealer who says they have them but can't process international orders on their site so we'll see what they say. In a pinch, my parts guy in Australia said he has plenty of them in stock but they're $19 each so that'll be my last resort. Stay tuned...
The plugs look the same as the plugs that were on my '06 Colorado rear drum brakes. I might have them sitting in a toolbox. I'll see if I can find them and measure.

·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I wound up buying 2 out of the 3 that were in stock at Britain Chevrolet in TX. I agree that someone needs to repop these as they're going to get brittle and crumbly (like mine) very soon for a lot of people. I found it because my parking brake was sticking when the car sat overnight in humid weather and that'll happen to many more people as these cars age. ACDelco has a supply of them because they're in the master hardware kits (as seen in my picture above) but I have a hard time believing they comprise such a large portion of the cost of that kit. I hope I'm done searching for these for the remainder of my days but there will be more who need them. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts