LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Former GOATilicious SEG lover
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can see where I put it here:

http://www.myyellowgto.com/mods/audio/images/gtomod2_1.jpg

It's right by the Traction Control button, not even noticable, points right at the receiver, and the PAC unit is 3M taped under the power window switch to the side of the cupholders (there's alot of room underneath there).

Works perfectly, though you have to "push" the buttons, not just tap it - probably a delay in the IR transmission.

·
3Deucesanda5speedanda455
411 Posts
miscreant said:
You can see where I put it here:

http://www.myyellowgto.com/mods/audio/images/gtomod2_1.jpg

It's right by the Traction Control button, not even noticable, points right at the receiver, and the PAC unit is 3M taped under the power window switch to the side of the cupholders (there's alot of room underneath there).

Works perfectly, though you have to "push" the buttons, not just tap it - probably a delay in the IR transmission.
Wow, I love this site!

I just bought a GTO today, and want to put the Alpine HU/XM reciever from my Formula in it it with the PAC SWI X.

How did you hook it up to the GTO. IIRC, it was a one wire deal on the Formula.

Also, which wiring harness did you use to connect the HU up?

Thanks!

·
Former GOATilicious SEG lover
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tripower455 said:
Wow, I love this site!

I just bought a GTO today, and want to put the Alpine HU/XM reciever from my Formula in it it with the PAC SWI X.

How did you hook it up to the GTO. IIRC, it was a one wire deal on the Formula.

Also, which wiring harness did you use to connect the HU up?

Thanks!
Yes, one wire, the white wire, connected to the brown wire on the radio harness...

I used a 1996+ Volkswagen harness, and had to trim alot of the harness away to get it to slide onto the GTO harness.

http://www.scosche.com/scosche.aspx?CategoryID=78&ItemID=VW01B

·
3Deucesanda5speedanda455
411 Posts
Thanks for the link!

I take it that there isn't a plug and play harness for the GTO?

That's great news about the PAC SWI X. I just wish the GTO had a few more buttons on the wheel.

·
3Deucesanda5speedanda455
411 Posts
miscreant, what did you have to mod on the Scosche adapter for it to work? I got the VW01B and other than a little spot on the web inside, it looks identical to the head unit.

Also, which brown wire did you use for the PAC? There are 2 on the Scosche harness?

·
3Deucesanda5speedanda455
411 Posts
Well, I FINALLY got the dash plastic, and I am about halfway through my Alpine 7894 install, and the good news is that the Scosche VW harness is a perfect fit on the stock GTO in car harness. I guess they changed them from when Miscreant did his. Mine snaps on like it was made for it. Everything works, just connect the same color wires together and you're good to go. I still have to run the wires for my XM reciever and antenna and the PAC SWI-X but, so far, the hardest part of the job was getting the factory HU out!

·
3Deucesanda5speedanda455
411 Posts

·
Got Zydrate?
2,450 Posts
SOundGate makes the Remote1 which does not require an IR transmitter. Just slpice into the two wires and plug into the new head unit. Converter box is small enough to fit in with the deck. Right around $100

Now the bad news, it is not yet made for the GTO. I have one in my 99 Durango and have never had a prob;em with it. Helped me win two third places for sound quality. The easy fix is email or call SoundGate (www.soundgate.com) and let them know is a market for this due the sound quality of the stock stereo.
:banghead:

·
3Deucesanda5speedanda455
411 Posts
Well, I am at a loss. I spent about an hour trying to program the PAC yesterday. The white wire is connected to the brown wire on the in car harness (the one that is labeled steering rem on the schematic). I have power to the unit, and I am able to input the programming code, which is 3 for the GTO according to PAC and the unit accepts it and indicates properly when powered off then on (3 flashes on the right LED). When I push the mode button, the left LED comes on like it should, but none of the steering wheel buttons are making the box respond in any way (Press steering wheel button when left LED is on, then the right one should come on and input from the remote).

I tried different proframming modes, from 1-10, with no change. I triple checked the wiring, so WTF?

This PAC unit was in my old car, and it worked flawlessly for about 3 years.

Anybody?

:EDIT: I figured it out! You need to ground the yellow/black wire on the backside of the car harness!

All fixed! Works great!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts