LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Old Fart
Joined
·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Big thanks to the crew at GRAVANA. :patriot:
http://www.gravanatuning.com/applications/2004_Pontiac_GTO_5.7.aspx?cat=19

These headers are VERY well made. All the welds are beautiful. They have a nice thick mounting flange to stop leaks. The coating is excellent. There is no slag inside where the mounting flange is welded to the tubes.
They came complete with all mounting bolts, clamps and gaskets.
These are not light weight cheap headers. They will last for years to come.
I couldn't be happier. :)

The coated headers are $449
The midpipes are $159.99

The mid pipes are 3 inch mandrel bent tubes and the welds look great also.
This is an excellent exhaust setup. And even better at GRAVANA'S low price.

I'll take more pics when I get them installed.

 

·
Still a communist state
Joined
·
12,479 Posts
I am tempted......oh so tempted :drink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
658 Posts
L.L. said:
Big thanks to the crew at GRAVANA. :patriot:
http://www.gravanatuning.com/applications/2004_Pontiac_GTO_5.7.aspx?cat=19

These headers are VERY well made. All the welds are beautiful. They have a nice thick mounting flange to stop leaks. The coating is excellent. There is no slag inside where the mounting flange is welded to the tubes.
They came complete with all mounting bolts, clamps and gaskets.
These are not light weight cheap headers. They will last for years to come.
I couldn't be happier. :)

The coated headers are $449
The midpipes are $159.99

The mid pipes are 3 inch mandrel bent tubes and the welds look great also.
This is an excellent exhaust setup. And even better at GRAVANA'S low price.

I'll take more pics when I get them installed.

Would you mind taking a pic of those midpipes and headers next to a tape measure? I am trying to figure out whether a cat would fit in that section of midpipe right after the headers.
How do the midpipes connect to the headers? Band clamp?
 

·
Still a communist state
Joined
·
12,479 Posts
L.L. said:
JUST DO IT!:)
I am close......ls1speed has these headers for $399
 

·
Old Fart
Joined
·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
btrotter said:
Would you mind taking a pic of those midpipes and headers next to a tape measure? I am trying to figure out whether a cat would fit in that section of midpipe right after the headers.
How do the midpipes connect to the headers? Band clamp?

Cats aren't going to fit on these midpipes. There isn't enough length.

Yes, the bandclamps secure the midpipes to the headers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
658 Posts
L.L. said:
Cats aren't going to fit on these midpipes. There isn't enough length.

Yes, the bandclamps secure the midpipes to the headers.


Look at the attached pic. Can you tell me the distance of the red area and the green area?
 

·
Old Fart
Joined
·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll take measurments tomorrow.

But it's going to take some very short cats if they will fit at all.
 

·
not a pontiac its a HOLDEN !!
Joined
·
8,787 Posts
you 04 guys would have to have a shop make something up
 

·
not a pontiac its a HOLDEN !!
Joined
·
8,787 Posts
flash99 went from 341 to 372 , gain of 31

and went from 372 to 398 after he tuned it , i know he has a cam , mufflers , notsure what else
 

·
Member: Black Sheep Squadron
Joined
·
4,065 Posts
Walter said:
HP gains?

31RWHP for me. Now I'm tuned with Speed Density, so probably picked up 35 or so. Do a search and you can look at my dynographs.
 

·
Still a communist state
Joined
·
12,479 Posts
Flash99 said:
31RWHP for me. Now I'm tuned with Speed Density, so probably picked up 35 or so. Do a search and you can look at my dynographs.
yeah but your car sounds like death is coming upon us :secret:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
658 Posts
L.L. said:
I'll take measurments tomorrow.

But it's going to take some very short cats if they will fit at all.
Any chance you have been able to take measurements?
I have an exhaust shop here locally that is going to look to see if they could fabricate some midpipes. They will not be mandrel bends, but at least they will be catted.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top