LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have the uncoated Pacesetters in stock and ready to ship. The coated version along with mid-pipes should be ready later this week. Those that are looking for headers made of stainless steel we do have Stainless Works Long Tube GTO headers in stock for all years.

PS72C2258 Pace Setter 05-06 GTO Headers - COATED $399.99 buy
PS70-2258 Pace Setter 05-06 GTO Headers $299.99 buy
PS82-1165 Pace Setter 05-06 GTO Mid-pipes $159.99 buy

·
seppuku rights activist
4,317 Posts
Great news. Bad timing. I should have my order placed in a couple weeks, unless a good samaritan would like to loan me the cash. :sneaky: Then again, I could always switch my daughter over to public school. :gr_devil:

·
Member: Black Sheep Squadron
4,065 Posts
Ls1 Speed said:
We have the uncoated Pacesetters in stock and ready to ship. The coated version along with mid-pipes should be ready later this week. Those that are looking for headers made of stainless steel we do have Stainless Works Long Tube GTO headers in stock for all years.

PS72C2258 Pace Setter 05-06 GTO Headers - COATED $399.99 buy
PS70-2258 Pace Setter 05-06 GTO Headers $299.99 buy
PS82-1165 Pace Setter 05-06 GTO Mid-pipes $159.99 buy

WOW! All I can say is thats a hell of a price on those!

·
Mclaren F1 LM
591 Posts
How long do the carbon steel ( pacesetter)headers last as opposed to the stainless(Kooks,stainless works,ect.)? If I order the non coated ones and choose to get them jet-hot coated inside and out(on my own),would I have to strip the paint off first?

·
Member: Black Sheep Squadron
4,065 Posts
warhero said:
How long do the carbon steel ( pacesetter)headers last as opposed to the stainless(Kooks,stainless works,ect.)? If I order the non coated ones and choose to get them jet-hot coated inside and out(on my own),would I have to strip the paint off first?

Your coating shop would take care of the stripping. They would have to be clean, and you'd want them to be. The paint burns off in about 2 hours of driving the car. They look nasty as well... but they work great!

·
Mclaren F1 LM
591 Posts
Flash99 said:
Your coating shop would take care of the stripping. They would have to be clean, and you'd want them to be. The paint burns off in about 2 hours of driving the car. They look nasty as well... but they work great!
What's the difference between carbon steel and stainless?If i get them jet hot coated will they last as long as the kooks, or will I need a new set of headers in 3 to 4 years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts