LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those asking us for a budget-minded set of of long tube headers, your time has come! Gravana Tuning is now shipping Pacesetter GTO Long Tube Header! The painted versions are already en route to customers and the Ceramic Coated headers are coming within the next few weeks.

Pacesetter Headers Feature:
  • 1-3/4" Primary Tubes with 3" Collectors.
  • CNC-machined 3/8"-thick steel flanges are matched to exhaust port profile for optimum seal and flow.
  • Flash-controlled 16-gauge carbon steel primaries provide greater durability than light gauge stainless steel.
  • Length and diameter of mandrel-bent tubing is optimized for flow and best performance increase.
  • Tubes enter collector in proper sequence for maximum scavenging.
  • O2 sensor fittings on all applications.
  • Complete with necessary gaskets and fasteners for installation. Some fabrication may be required if you do not use Pacesetter mid-pipes.
  • Made in USA AND Affordably priced!!!
  • For Off-road use only.
  • Ceramic Thermal Heat Barrier Coated or Black Painted Finish.

To order, please visit www.gravanatuning.com and order today to beat back-orders!

We are also offering Pacesetter's new Mid-pipe Header Extensions that allow you to simply bolt-up your new Pacesetter long-tubes to any 2005-06 GTO exhaust, OEM and aftermarket. Realize the full power of the original American muscle car by letting all six liters breathe through these specially designed mid-pipe header extensions. They slip over the Pacesetter header collectors, bolting onto all OEM and aftermarket Cat-backs for the 2005-06 GTO. Built from aluminized steel, these babies make power! Must be used with Pacesetter headers for proper fit. Will work on 2004 models if you have a 2005-06 cat-back system.

Enjoy!

To order, please visit www.gravanatuning.com!

·
Misses the GTO
269 Posts
Possible GP? Maybe if we all order both the Headers and the Mids?

·
Member: Black Sheep Squadron
4,065 Posts
aja342 said:
Possible GP? Maybe if we all order both the Headers and the Mids?

Long Tubes and Mid pipes shipped to your door for like $568, honestly do we need a GP, compare kooks and Stainless Works, your saving over 50% easily already.

·
'04 645Ci
989 Posts
Flash99 said:
Long Tubes and Mid pipes shipped to your door for like $568, honestly do we need a GP, compare kooks and Stainless Works, your saving over 50% easily already.
Why not? If we're buying as a large group, why aren't we entitled to a discount?

·
4,065 Posts
jagular said:
Why not? If we're buying as a large group, why aren't we entitled to a discount?

Because they are cheap as they are. Other board sponsors will contact Pacesetter and tell them that Gravana is under cutting their sales, and it becomes a very touchy subject.

My thoughts are if you cant afford $349.99 for the long tubes, and $158 for the connection pipes, then go buy $1299 Kooks or Stainless works. Gravana is already selling the headers for lower then anyone around, and they have kept good communication to everyone here about them.

Yes we all want stuff for cheap, but honestly these things are dirt cheap as they are. People need to make a living too.

·
Misses the GTO
269 Posts
It was just a suggestion....I thought maybe like free shipping more than a discount. If I remember right they all ready did a "introductry price".

·
4,065 Posts
aja342 said:
It was just a suggestion....I thought maybe like free shipping more than a discount. If I remember right they all ready did a "introductry price".

Sorry not trying to bash you or anything, I just figured they were a hell of a deal, and ordered mine awhile ago. Who knows maybe they will offer a GP.

:)

·
4,065 Posts

·
not a pontiac its a HOLDEN !!
8,787 Posts
i know the test car pulls alot better than mine does

·
'04 645Ci
989 Posts
Flash99 said:
Yes we all want stuff for cheap, but honestly these things are dirt cheap as they are. People need to make a living too.
Of course they do, which is why retailers are typically willing to sell in volume to make more $$$. Its simple economics. Let's say I have a $100 markup on a product I sell. If, as a retailer, I'm willing to create a discount price and sell ten at a $70 markup, when I would've only sold three at $100, then I'd be foolish not to sell at a discount (in fact, GPs typically have a minimum order to assure this happens). Certainly there are other reasons to do a group buy, as well: I'm new to the market and want to make a name and generate interest in my products and services; I have excess inventory I want to get rid of; I can make a strategic offering to put pressure on my competition.

For the retailer, it's a good way to sell more. For the consumer, it's a good way to save money. Win/win.

The people who typically complain about these deals are the first adopters who paid full $$$.

·
4,065 Posts
jagular said:
Of course they do, which is why retailers are typically willing to sell in volume to make more $$$. Its simple economics. Let's say I have a $100 markup on a product I sell. If, as a retailer, I'm willing to create a discount price and sell ten at a $70 markup, when I would've only sold three at $100, then I'd be foolish not to sell at a discount (in fact, GPs typically have a minimum order to assure this happens). Certainly there are other reasons to do a group buy, as well: I'm new to the market and want to make a name and generate interest in my products and services; I have excess inventory I want to get rid of; I can make a strategic offering to put pressure on my competition.

For the retailer, it's a good way to sell more. For the consumer, it's a good way to save money. Win/win.

The people who typically complain about these deals are the first adopters who paid full $$$.

And once again it comes with the other retailers (sponsors) who sell the same product, and complain to the manufacturer that another retailer is low balling the competiton. It all comes down to cry babys. Simple enough. Just trust me on this. Best price is listed, and if you cant afford it save up. Your not going to find a better price ANYWHERE.

·
4,065 Posts
I'll have results and a dyno graph, to see what these things will do. Stay tuned 20 hours from now.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Flash99 said:
I'll have results and a dyno graph, to see what these things will do. Stay tuned 20 hours from now.
How do you like the headers and mids? Do you have a cat back or are you stock in that regard? I might have grab a set of these headers and mids, the price sure seems DAMN good.

·
4,065 Posts
Quattro Krant said:
How do you like the headers and mids? Do you have a cat back or are you stock in that regard? I might have grab a set of these headers and mids, the price sure seems DAMN good.

Patiently waiting on the UPS man to deliver, then going to install, then going straight to the dyno, I've got quite a day ahead of me.

·
Old Fart
171 Posts
Flash99 said:
Patiently waiting on the UPS man to deliver, then going to install, then going straight to the dyno, I've got quite a day ahead of me.

Please take lots of pics and notes on the install.

I'll be doing mine soon.

·
not a pontiac its a HOLDEN !!
8,787 Posts
get some before #'s for reference

1 - 20 of 76 Posts