LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
60% of the time, everytime.
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be installing this next weekend, along with JBA exhaust.

HOPING it'll be a much meaner sound that current (magna mufflers)

Anyone have a clip of the Pacesetters with offroad connects?

·
not a pontiac its a HOLDEN !!
8,787 Posts

·
Old Goat
261 Posts
stangeater01 said:
i just installed my pacesetters and magnaflow and it is really raspy but hell some people like that i dont!
Is that with a off-road pipe or cats? I have heard the off-road pipe is bad about sounding raspy. Even so, I would have thought the Magnaflow wouldn't have been real bad. Do you have a sound clip??

·
60% of the time, everytime.
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
s/c'd cav said:
not sure how well the sound is , but that was at the race track , and he did have his exhaust cut outs open , and his resonator is removed and has a X-pipe

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/c38e34ea-5ee8-4964-93a7-984f014ea0d 7.htm

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/0d4f9c5c-7ed9-49dd-afdd-984f0169360 4.htm

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

·
The Situation
3,358 Posts
cav, thats you and lord vador right? vadors car is sick. Nice ws6 too looks great!

·
8,787 Posts
not me , but yes lord vador

the g/f and i got a couple cavs with superchargers on them , as well as a 97 gtp and our 06 gto blue/blue 6spd

the ws6 is a good friend of ours

here is my cav against a friends brand new 06 auto gto(300 miles) , lord vador put the wrong trans in

Click here to see Video

·
Registered
170 Posts
goat-ee said:
Is that with a off-road pipe or cats? I have heard the off-road pipe is bad about sounding raspy. Even so, I would have thought the Magnaflow wouldn't have been real bad. Do you have a sound clip??
no i dont have cats and is is very raspy

·
Registered
289 Posts
I will have the Pacesetter Headers + Off Road + JBA SS Catback after next week (shipping)

I will make some good videos, I have a pretty nice video camera.

·
Still a communist state
12,479 Posts
uhh. seems like they forgot to cut the bolts. When I turn to the right - It feels like its touching something.
you have to cut some stuff like a brace off for the pacesetters....did you do it?

·
8,787 Posts
raspy and a V8 dont really go together , LOL

i think muffler placement helps though , which is why i think everyone says the 04's sound better than the 05-06 , tails pipes the longer they are the more they help with sound

the flow out of the muffler usually has the sound waves going out in a speratic patten , and the longer tail pipes help to smooth it out

my 68 elcamino has the original 3 chamber flow masters , and 2 1/2" exhaust with a 2 1/2" cross over (h-pipe) , and it has no raspy at all , and most old muscle cars have long tails pipes and sound great

1 - 15 of 15 Posts