LS1GTO Forums banner
161 - 180 of 205 Posts
Warren said:
Oh, I don't doubt that one bit. Most people have seen how bad he kicked my ass in Wichita and I haven't done anything since then. Im just crossing my fingers for the raffle prizes..... :D
you and me both.. I'm hoping for the 3.91's::p What are you hoping for? Maybe we all can do a yankee swap if we win:D

sxty8goats said:
you and me both.. I'm hoping for the 3.91's::p What are you hoping for? Maybe we all can do a yankee swap if we win:D
your luck PJ you will win the camshaft kit :judge: :D I'll gladly accept it from you though :D

Well, I'm officially out. Would love to meet you guys, but engine go :bomb: . Blown head gasket, glazed cylinders, or bent valves. We'll see once I take it apart. But at least this advances my next project - forged stroker kit, maybe an STS. Who knows? It'll be fun though. :)

Padre

PadreGTO said:
Well, I'm officially out. Would love to meet you guys, but engine go :bomb: . Blown head gasket, glazed cylinders, or bent valves. We'll see once I take it apart. But at least this advances my next project - forged stroker kit, maybe an STS. Who knows? It'll be fun though. :)

Padre
What what what????

PadreGTO said:

Padre
Sorry to hear that Padre. Sounds like your taking it fairly well though. Doesnt mean you cant still head up this way. If you do make it up here, I'll let you take mine down the track a couple of times.. If you can drive a M6 that is??? LOL

Take it easy

MRIKE2000 said:
Sorry to hear that Padre. Sounds like your taking it fairly well though. Doesnt mean you cant still head up this way. If you do make it up here, I'll let you take mine down the track a couple of times.. If you can drive a M6 that is??? LOL

Take it easy
Hey, no worries, thanks for the offer. If you're looking for an excuse to buy a new clutch, I'd be happy to do the honors. :shiner:

Padre

Sorry to hear that Padre. This really sucks that this never came to be.

Oh WOW, Padre, that sucks big time, what do you think was the cause of it to go like that? Well like you said, this gives you an excuse to do something else, keep the faith "Brother", were all behind you!!

ROK

PadreGTO said:

Padre

Sorry to hear about that Padre. On the upside, that stroker motor is a cinch now!! Check with SDPC, they have a real nice LS2 402....

barkingspud said:
Check with SDPC, they have a real nice LS2 402....
A motor is only as good as the parts in it, cheaper motors have cheaper parts. With that out of the way there is quite a bit of a comprimise going to an LS2 block in an LS1 car. First of all the cost of the valley cover, windage tray, front cover, timing set, and the few other parts needed to do a conversion. The second is the inability to run knock sensors, which is unacceptable for most people. Yes you can re-tap the block and try to fit them in around the headers and desensitize the PCM for false knock.... but its just not a easy/perfect swap.

PadreGTO said:

Padre
Ok so have you diagnosed what the problem is? checked compression? checked vacuum? Explain why the vavles are possibly bent (broken spring or timing chain?)

GMH GTO said:
Ok so have you diagnosed what the problem is? checked compression? checked vacuum? Explain why the vavles are possibly bent (broken spring or timing chain?)
Here's how the compression test went:
PS-rear DS-rear
170 50
180 65
180 160
170 180
PS-front DS-front

Here's the thread:
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29280

I'll be doing a leakdown test in a couple of days.

Padre

DevilYellow said:
A motor is only as good as the parts in it, cheaper motors have cheaper parts. With that out of the way there is quite a bit of a comprimise going to an LS2 block in an LS1 car. First of all the cost of the valley cover, windage tray, front cover, timing set, and the few other parts needed to do a conversion. The second is the inability to run knock sensors, which is unacceptable for most people. Yes you can re-tap the block and try to fit them in around the headers and desensitize the PCM for false knock.... but its just not a easy/perfect swap.
Go check LS1Tech. The knock sensor issue has quite adequately been addressed. It appears the LS1 locations for the KS are drilled and tapped from the factory. People have been running sensors and getting knock and retard under the load/rpm conditions you would expect out of a LS1.
Also, SDPC has an inexpensive LS2 402 and you can upgrade to better internals. Check this thread http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3065257#post3065257
skip to the very last post.
here's the thread about KS
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=330885&highlight=402+knock

PadreGTO said:
Here's how the compression test went:
PS-rear DS-rear
170 50
180 65
180 160
170 180
PS-front DS-front

Here's the thread:
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29280

I'll be doing a leakdown test in a couple of days.

Padre
Real sorry to hear that Padre, I was really looking forward to meeting you.

I was feeling good about our rev-limiters. People had me believing that hitting them was no big deal. Good thing I haven't made a habbit of it. I've only hit it two or three times. Good luck w/ your new engine.

Heres my only issues with SDPC,
A. They arn't a sponsor of this forum
B. Their are plenty of sponsors on the left side of this page that have more expirence and longer track record then SDPC in engine building. SDPC is a Chevrolet dealership,
C.Speed inc., HPE, Thunder Racing, TSP, FLP, LPE, MTI, Cartek, EPP.
D.Most of these companies will build a LS2 motor similar to SDPC's offering for similar price built by an expirienced engine builder.

GMH GTO said:
Heres my only issues with SDPC,
A. They arn't a sponsor of this forum
B. Their are plenty of sponsors on the left side of this page that have more expirence and longer track record then SDPC in engine building. SDPC is a Chevrolet dealership,
C.Speed inc., HPE, Thunder Racing, TSP, FLP, LPE, MTI, Cartek, EPP.
D.Most of these companies will build a LS2 motor similar to SDPC's offering for similar price built by an expirienced engine builder.
Yes sir, didn't mean to start anything. There are several sponsors that build a dandy 402. I will shut up now....

161 - 180 of 205 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.