LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not our very own TprGTO, but a young man with an older model police interceptor with an LT1 and a 200-shot of nitrous. :) We went at it three times. The first two times, his nozzles failed and dumped fuel into the engine and he bogged out. On this run, in the pic, all worked well and I still beat him (of course, he does weigh in at 5000lbs). :)

This was at the funnest thing in El Paso, the runway drags at theWest Texas Airport, now run by the Desert Demonz.

It was tons of fun. I won 11 of 12 heads-up races. Only loss was to a bolt-on LT1 Camaro with slicks and a 4:10 rear. I was running so well that the hustlers approached me to run for money (I didn't). Most wins were over modded LS1s and LT1s, though I did manage to best a pesky SRT-4 (2800lb), a very nice modded GTP, and a modded Mustang Cobra. El Paso has one of the best street-scenes in the nation. About 1800 people came to watch and upwards of 200 cars raced, on a stormy nasty night. It was cool watching the lightning on the horizon as the dust storm was coming. Of course, the GTO was the talk of the town. :)

I have some vids, but I won't be able to post them till next week.

Oh, and though unofficial (me looking at my speedo as I crossed the line), I was trapping around 104mph in the 1/4 on the runway. At 4100ft in El Paso and a hot engine, no cool down. Very nice. :cool:

Padre

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
How have those wheels been working out in terms of rubbing? I remember there'd been comments that it might be a possibility? Or am I crazy? :)

Congrats on the wins, by the way.

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
phobos512 said:
How have those wheels been working out in terms of rubbing? I remember there'd been comments that it might be a possibility? Or am I crazy? :)
I did have to have the rear fenders rolled. :( It was painful to contemplate, but once I watched the whole process, it wasn't too bad. And no more rubbing at all, even on a fast and twisty autocross course with me plowing into turns and going sideways quite a bit (perhaps more often than I should have :) ).

Padre

1 - 3 of 3 Posts