LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang, here they are:

17x8, 40mm offset, OZ Superleggerra's. They weigh 17.5 lbs (stockers are 26 lbs). The rears are mounted with Nitto drag radials :secret: . Rims/tires weigh 42lbs on the rear, 44 on the front. Almost a 10lb savings. :cool:

The stockers and my old TSW's are spoken for (only way I could afford them).

But wish me luck. I hit the track tomorrow night and then Wichita is a go for this Friday/Saturday.

Better pics later, but the hurricane is still blowing through.

Padre

·
596whp/553wtq @ 6.5psi
2,301 Posts
Excellent Choice!

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
Give us a better pic of the wheel buddy :D

·
No More GTO!!!!
1,269 Posts
Good luck Padre.Lets see if you can beat your 60's with those.Do you know if ayone offers 15" wheels for our cars.I could care less what they look like,I just like a larger sidewall for it's easier on parts

·
8,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A couple of more pics:

Bone: haven't found any 15" or 16" wheels that fit. Would have to have the custom made, I believe. And I looked.

Padre

·
No More GTO!!!!
1,269 Posts
Thanks,thats why I asked you,I know you tried hard.I just hate to buy an expensive wheel because I would rather buy a real slick and use it at the track rather than buy a dual purpose tire.But I think the nittos on stock wheels are the way to go.I have a tire machine and balancer ,so I guess frequent changes are the cheapest route for me.
Anthony

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
very cool padre. not quite as "bling bling" as the thruxtons. but they should help you hit 11s im sure. just out of curiosity, you are keeping the thrustons for "non race" events right?

·
8,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GTOdriver7 said:
very cool padre. not quite as "bling bling" as the thruxtons. but they should help you hit 11s im sure. just out of curiosity, you are keeping the thrustons for "non race" events right?
I'd like to, but the Thruxtons are helping to finance my OZs. :)

And Bone: yeah I'd love it if I could find some race-only rims. But these weren't too expensive and the Nittos ought to buy me some ET. And mine's still a daily driver. As you can see, my garage is pretty puny, so I don't have the luxury to always be changing out tires. Plus I like the idea of running 11's with "run what ya brung." :cool: But we'll see. Wish me luck.

Padre

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
haha, superleggars, still a little in the WRX wrold huh. Nice wheels though, I think I would have done the Rota Torques though.

·
Registered
267 Posts
PadreGTO said:
A couple of more pics:

Bone: haven't found any 15" or 16" wheels that fit. Would have to have the custom made, I believe. And I looked.

Padre
How much per wheel, aprox $ is fine, Do 40mm offset really fit ok ?

I too really would like to find a set of 16" rims that fit, as I have a set of 255/50 BFG Drag Radials left from my GrandPrix. I was debating trying a 5x4.75 wheel as there are tons in 16" size in the 15-20lb range.

·
8,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
goatwrx said:
haha, superleggars, still a little in the WRX wrold huh. Nice wheels though, I think I would have done the Rota Torques though.
Hehe. I see it as a tribute to my WRX days. :gr_jest:

Here we go - an outside pic now that the weather has cleared:

A few more stripes in my parking lot though. :sneaky: Hope I didn't wake the neighbors. :gr_jest:

Padre

·
Registered
267 Posts
Bone said:
Thanks,thats why I asked you,I know you tried hard.I just hate to buy an expensive wheel because I would rather buy a real slick and use it at the track rather than buy a dual purpose tire.But I think the nittos on stock wheels are the way to go.I have a tire machine and balancer ,so I guess frequent changes are the cheapest route for me.
Anthony
I just found these:

http://www.ronalusa.com/wheels/lv.html

Looks like they cost $159 16" and $125 for 15"
and weigh 17lb for 16" and 15lb for 15"

Not bad

·
Sensible Contributor
1,439 Posts
Not as flash as the last set, but very business like - says different, but not overtly hot rod. I like it now.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Looks Great.
These should definitely help your goal of short ET's

What size tires are on these rims?

·
8,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I went 245/45's all around - reusing my stock tires for the fronts. If I had been able to find a set of 17x9 rims, I would have gone 275/40's in the back, but they were too hard to find.

Padre

·
8,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ogandbooboo said:
You couldn't use the 275/40's on the back of the 17 x 8's? Just curious
Everybody and their mother recommends against it, though it can be done and others swear it's not problem. I decided just not to risk it.

Padre

·
Registered
102 Posts
Padre

Are the OZ wheels hub centric on the GTO?
or does OZ supply centering rings to make them hub centric?

They look great.

CarGuy

1 - 20 of 43 Posts