LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Stand Back - I Spray!
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dave,

A couple of questions for you......

1) I currently have an NOS heater which is a POS. The wires have fallen out of the heater element. I've repaired it a couple of times but it keeps reoccurring. Is this a common problem with NOS heaters or heaters in general? Which heater do you recommend? I don't need a pressure monitoring heater......all I want is something that will use the existing wiring from my NOS heater.....and I don't have a problem getting another NOS heater if you say what I experienced is uncommon. As soon as you give me a recommendation I'll order it from your site.

2) Bottle openers - I will be ordering one in the next few weeks. Which one do you recommend? I will be using it with a 15 lb NOS bottle and my 10 lb spare NOS bottle. Also, do these close the bottle as well?

3) GTO switch plate - do they come with switches or can you include the proper switches?

Thanks!
Steve

And if anyone else has experience with these products.......please feel free to chime in as well.

·
Nitrous Tech/Sales
226 Posts
x-zz4 said:
Dave,

A couple of questions for you......

1) I currently have an NOS heater which is a POS. The wires have fallen out of the heater element. I've repaired it a couple of times but it keeps reoccurring. Is this a common problem with NOS heaters or heaters in general? Which heater do you recommend? I don't need a pressure monitoring heater......all I want is something that will use the existing wiring from my NOS heater.....and I don't have a problem getting another NOS heater if you say what I experienced is uncommon. As soon as you give me a recommendation I'll order it from your site.
You can replace the heater element only if you want to go that route, as we have not seen your problem very often. If you wanted to upgrade to the 860 heated bracket you can order it without the pressure monitor.

x-zz4 said:
2) Bottle openers - I will be ordering one in the next few weeks. Which one do you recommend? I will be using it with a 15 lb NOS bottle and my 10 lb spare NOS bottle. Also, do these close the bottle as well?
We would reccomend either the NX or Zex opener depending on the exact valve your bottles have.

x-zz4 said:
3) GTO switch plate - do they come with switches or can you include the proper switches?
The switch panels come with switches

x-zz4 said:
Thanks!
Steve

And if anyone else has experience with these products.......please feel free to chime in as well.

Please let me know if you have any other questions

Ray

·
Stand Back - I Spray!
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the reply Ray. I think I would just assume get a whole new warmer instead of messing with the element. So do I take it correctly you're then advising me just to get another NOS warmer?

As far as the opener, I think both bottles have the NOS high flow valve, but with slightly different handles. Can you tell from this picture?

Great answer on the switches too! If I can get a definite answer on the opener I think I'll just order everything today....:D

Thanks,
Steve

·
Nitrous Tech/Sales
226 Posts
x-zz4 said:
Thanks for the reply Ray. I think I would just assume get a whole new warmer instead of messing with the element. So do I take it correctly you're then advising me just to get another NOS warmer?
Yes. I would just go back with the NOS warmer for the ease of install.
I am running the 860 in my car and love the fact it gives a much cleaner install.

x-zz4 said:
As far as the opener, I think both bottles have the NOS high flow valve, but with slightly different handles. Can you tell from this picture?
For that valve you would have to go one of the NOS openers

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog/product_details.asp?group=23&model=77&dept=11&product_id=1179

1 - 4 of 4 Posts