LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well some of you know that I had some paint problems. It was most likely between CA and WI ... it was not at the dealership. I had a flat wetsand mark on the car and something weird by the back bumper, seemed in the paint. Well I have it all buffed out and fine but I found something else. If you get down on the ground and look up into the lip under the bumper you can see where they taped it off and repainted the back bumper.

To be honest this is a relief to me...I was worried that there was something under the paint on the fender. Brining a car around the world I can accept that the bumper got scuffed and they repainted it. Gotta wash and wax it soon :)

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I also found a few pieces of tape under the car below the rear bumper. No big deal as I can't tell anything. I wonder if that was one of the reasons for added time. Bumper scratches during shipment?

·
297kW User
1,928 Posts
Some of the GTOs I've seen in showrooms have had scrapes from shipping, especially on the bottoms of the bumpers and rocker panels.

·
Master of Youngrushhour
4,318 Posts
I have some paint peeling on the lower leading edge of the drivers side head lights. Normally -I would have thought that a rock got to it - but the peel is 2-3inches long and only on the edge (no imapct marks anywhere) - no lower peel. I looks like the paint may have bubbled there. Only noticed it Saturday when washing the car.

I have to set up an appointment with the dealer for some in transit scratch removal any way - so lets see what they say.

·
Gone but not forgotten
378 Posts
Not paint, but...

New member here. I just got my new GTO last Friday night (Friday the 13th).

I am waiting for a replacement wheel and tire. The passenger side front must have gotten smacked somewhere along it's route. There is a small cut in the sidewall of the tire and the rim has a small (1/2" at the most) mark that almost looks like a smudge. The dealer did not have a replacement tire in stock and they would not change the BF Goodrichs to Goodyear or Michelin. The new tire should be in tomorrow. It looks to be cosmetic only.

Diggs

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Diggs said:
New member here. I just got my new GTO last Friday night (Friday the 13th).

I am waiting for a replacement wheel and tire. The passenger side front must have gotten smacked somewhere along it's route. There is a small cut in the sidewall of the tire and the rim has a small (1/2" at the most) mark that almost looks like a smudge. The dealer did not have a replacement tire in stock and they would not change the BF Goodrichs to Goodyear or Michelin. The new tire should be in tomorrow. It looks to be cosmetic only.

Diggs
Congrats on the car. I hate the small annoying things. It means you have to interupt your driving!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts